Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 8:22:55 AM EDT
I am looking to geta split front chest rig that is attached with buckles for easy on/off.  I have been looking at these two vests, and so far here is what I could come up with the features of each:

Tactical Tailor 2-piece MAV:

-18 rows W x 3 rows H MOLLE webbing
-Gap in front of webbing (small loss of real estate)
-1.5" shoulder straps in "X" config
-Adaptable shoulder harness for more comfort
-Internal map pockets(?)

Patriot Performance Materials CPS "Patroller" 2-piece rig

-20 row W x 4 rows H MOLLE webbing
-No gap in front (buckles overlap)
-1.5" shoulder straps in "H" config (can be used in "X" config)
-Can be adapted to TT shoulder harness with some work
-4(?) internal map pockets
-Velcro at top for patches, etc.

I have found quite a bit of info on the TT MAV, but not a lot on the PPM rig.  If anyone could give me some opinions I would appreaciate it.  One thing I wonder about is the hieght of the rig...I have a hellcat, which looks to be smiliar to the TT MAV in hieght, and I am wondering if the PPM Patroller might be too "tall" with the extra row of webbing for me to sti easily while wearing it (I am 5'6" and 150 lbs) or if the extra row of webbing really serves any purpose.  Also, how well does the extra wo rows of webbing with the "gapless" fron work?  Does it really give more real estate, or just cause the buckles to get covered? (the whole point is an easy in/out of the rig)

FYI, my goal is to mount 3x PPM AMP II dual AK mag pouches, a TT modular holster with some pistol mag pouches on it, and two SAW pouches or similar item for GP pouches.  I want to be able to sit in a vehicle, so I can't have to much crap wrapping around the back or projecting down.  Hydration will be provided by an indepenent camelback so I can take it off to sit in a vehicle or slip it into a larger pack, for anyone who is wondering...

Thanks,

Dawg

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
i am also looking at the ppm.  i prdfer if to the tt because the two piece fits close, and it has pockets in it.  figured i could get some slip on extra padding from alice pack shoulder straps.  also wondered on the height as well.  tt has the split saw pouch you might be interested in.  seems very multipurpose.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am also looking at the ppm.  I prefer if to the tt because the two piece fits close, and it has pockets in it.  figured i could get some slip on extra padding from alice pack shoulder straps.  also wondered on the height as well.  tt has the split saw pouch you might be interested in.  seems very multipurpose.

Split SAW pouch?  Sounds interesting, but I don't think I saw it on their site.  DO you have a link or some more info?

As for shoulder straps you could just geta  set of the HSGI slip-on shoulder pads for teh Wasatch which are like only $15, or you might even be able to cannibalize some ALICE H suspenders for the task (you can get them NIW for only $2 from CTD.  Yes, I just said TWO DOLLARS!)

LOL, well I may just spend the cash and get both the TT MAV and the PPM CSP to see how the both work...after all, for $40 for each rig I can just skip on a GP pouch or two right now and see which one I like better, and use the other with whatever mish-mash of pouches I have laying around.
Crap, I already have a Hellcat MK2, LBV, ILBV, 2x LBEs, and an Eagle AK chest carrier in thehouse, waht is one or two more extra rigs gonna hurt me?

This MOLLE stuff is terrible, its like LEGOs for big kids!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am also looking at the ppm.  I prefer if to the tt because the two piece fits close, and it has pockets in it.  figured i could get some slip on extra padding from alice pack shoulder straps.  also wondered on the height as well.  tt has the split saw pouch you might be interested in.  seems very multipurpose.

Split SAW pouch?  Sounds interesting, but I don't think I saw it on their site.  DO you have a link or some more info?

As for shoulder straps you could just geta  set of the HSGI slip-on shoulder pads for teh Wasatch which are like only $15, or you might even be able to cannibalize some ALICE H suspenders for the task (you can get them NIW for only $2 from CTD.  Yes, I just said TWO DOLLARS!)

LOL, well I may just spend the cash and get both the TT MAV and the PPM CSP to see how the both work...after all, for $40 for each rig I can just skip on a GP pouch or two right now and see which one I like better, and use the other with whatever mish-mash of pouches I have laying around.
Crap, I already have a Hellcat MK2, LBV, ILBV, 2x LBEs, and an Eagle AK chest carrier in thehouse, waht is one or two more extra rigs gonna hurt me?

This MOLLE stuff is terrible, its like LEGOs for big kids!

my bad its tag
optactical.com/noname62.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top