Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 10:20:00 PM EDT
I am looking for a molle pouch that will fit this specific GPS. It is the Garmin GPSMAP60CS. It is bigger than the trex series.

Click me
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#1]
You might try a single or dual M4 mag pouch, but I doubt you'll find purpose built pouch for that GPS.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the same GPS and I was going to get the TT Small Radio Pouch, looks like the pouch has alot of ajustments and also in the pictures it is holding a talkabout, and that is close to the saize of the GPS60

The pouch adjusts to fit most all small radios as well as most GPSs. It adjusts by a Velcro wrap up to 3 wide by 2 deep by 5 tall. It features an adjustable fastex closure for quick and silent removal of your equipment. This pouch can be mounted to a belt, pack or any other current modular kit. It comes with one Malice clip for secure attachment to your gear. The Modular Radio Pouch Small is available in OD, Black, and Tan.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the talkabout is a little bit smaller. I would also be concerned about the screen getting screwed up if it wasnt covered. I thought about a single mag pouch, but was wondering if anyone had found something that fits it a little better.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I carried my GPSmap 60 in a pouch very similar to this one...  secure.specialtydefense.com/cgi-bin/sds/4105.html

It was a good fit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:34:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Check Maxpedition
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I really like maxpedition's stuff, but they don't seem to have anything that will work. That pouch from SDS looks promising. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#7]
You might check out the Paraclete E-Trex pouch Link
... I have one (I just posted it FS in the EE if you are looking for woodland) and it measures about 4"x6" with the flap closed. You should be able to fit it in one of those.

I don't know if Paraclete has changed the dimensions, or if they are just measuring it differently than I am on mine.

Dave
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#8]
No, I don't think it will fit. My GPS is about 6.25 in tall, including the antenna. Also, it is 2.25 wide ant 1.5 deep. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No, I don't think it will fit. My GPS is about 6.25 in tall, including the antenna. Also, it is 2.25 wide ant 1.5 deep. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I may take the pouch with me and try it out with that GPS unit...  If I do, I will let you know how close it is.

Dave
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]
That would be awesome, thanks!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#11]
If you are concerned about the screen, go to an office supply store like Staples and look in the PDA section.  Find some PDA screen covers and try them. You will have to cut them to fit your GPS.  I have some on my GPS screen, Digital camera screen, and MP3 screen......works pretty well for me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#12]
That is a good idea, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:12:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry I never got around to trying out the Paraclete for you, it sold faster than I expected it to...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#14]
The HSGI strobe pouch might do the trick.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#15]
hate to say this, but I use the EXACT same GPS and it lives in one of these

It has enough room for the Gps and a dummy cord loop inside The pouch allows the antenna not to go throug the hole and still get the same reception, you can stick the antenna out either side or leave it covered, it has an elastic expander that allows it to ALSO hold my chem lights, 6 back up batteries, a sharpie and a USGI cleaning kit.  It velcos shut, and has soft velcro inside to keep the lid secured open.  I was expecting a cheap peice of chi com trash, but was really supprised with the fit and finish and love it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#16]
That cheaper than dirt pouch sounds like what I am looking for. All the extra stuff you mentioned, is that in a seperate part of the pouch than where GPS rides?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top