Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 9:09:37 PM EDT
Basically what the headline says........

I've looked into Flakjak, ESS, Bolle, and of course Oakley.

I need to replace my beatup cheap old ones.......  

I do really like the Flakjak and have heard alot about them in write ups, but they are $100,  Bolle has ones with active cooling that cost just a bit more.  

What do you guys have? what do you like? Do yours fog?  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
ESS is what I use.

As far as to keep them from fogging up, I use some anti-fog  on the insides
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
ESS NVG Profile - Good gear, made for the kevlar and works good with 7Bravos.  Buy 2

PS - Wiley Sg-1's are garbage
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:33:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the Oakley Assault Goggles in civie life and I used them in the IDF.  Good goggles with good ballistic protection.  I buddy of mine was wearing his and got peppered by shrapnel in the face.  The shards went clear through his skin in multiple places (he needed about 30 stitches) but nothing went through his goggles.  Kinda funny, but he had wounds that left an outline where his goggles were.  Anyway, after seeing that, I'm an Oakley user for life.  They do fog a bit though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:27:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Ya I've been told by a bunch of guys that the frag rating on those are really good but didn't know of any first hand knowledge.  I used to have oakleys back in the day when snowboarding first came out and I started doing that, but wasn't sure if something I used to snowboard would protect me from shrap.

Keep posting all,  I wanna hear what ya got to say......
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Heard that Rain-X anti-fog stuff works pretty well for goggles, too.  Will try it out in a week.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ESS NVG Profile - Good gear, made for the kevlar and works good with 7Bravos.  Buy 2

PS - Wiley Sg-1's are garbage

In 100% agreement with both statements.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Heard that Rain-X anti-fog stuff works pretty well for goggles, too.  Will try it out in a week.

Don't do it.  It might be too harsh for plastic.  Get something specifically made for plastic lenses.  Ses Drops, or Op Drops by McNett for example.  Or see what your local paintball shop is carrying.They tend to be concerned about what works on goggles without causing them to weaken.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top