Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 5:40:58 PM EDT
I am looding at chest rigs, etc. This will be 99% for the range. The other 1% reserved for the possibility of taking some sort of training classes. (and possibly for home defense )Two major priorities for me are size (im only 5'8" 140 lbs), and cost. I have narrowed my choices down to the following:

Weesatch
    I like this rig because of the internal mag pouches and its small size. However, I have read that it tends to sag in the front with loaded mags, and no plates (which I cannot afford, nor do I really need at this point) I also do not really want to depend on having a full hydration carrier in the bag to combat the sag.  I also do not like mag pouches being non-partitioned doubles.

Eagle PC
    From what I have read, this is a good piece of gear. However, the price is a little higher, and I would be forced to purchase all my magazine pouches. Would this carrier tighten up on me without plates? Does it tend to sag in the front like I have read the Wee does?

USGI SDS Fighting Load Carrier
   The final option I am considering is the standard FLC. I know this one will tighten up to fit me. It is also only about 60 dollars brand new. Once again, I have to buy all my mag pouches.

On the last two choices, I will likely run 2 or 3 magazine "shingles" on each side. Directly behind one will be a med kit, and behind the other a general purpose pouch. Pistol mag pouches and a dump bag will be attached to the shingle on my left. The room that is left in the back will remain clear for now.

Comments, suggestions, concerns?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
This one is very similar to the USGI Fighting load carrier.

Clicky
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#3]
In a few years (when I am rich) I might want to take some training classes. From what I understand, some of these classes require plates. Other than that, I don't need them (or want to carry them around). I imagine by the time I can afford, and would possibly need plates, I will be able to afford a nice carrier. Are there other advantages to the Wee or Eagle PC besides the ability to carry plates?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top