Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 11:57:43 AM EDT
Hey guys,
What type of prescription glasses do the guys here on the board wear.  I have a very nice pair of Samma glasses for everyday wear, but I know that they are to fragile for wear during shooting classes or other tactial applications.
I'm looking for some thing in plastic with plastic lens that have somekind of conformity to the skull
I'd really like to avoid the College Math professor look if possible.
Any ideas?

Thanks alot
Chris
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
You may want to look into prescription inserts for either the Wiley-X goggles or the ESS Profile goggles.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
You can never go wrong w/ these:

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a pair of safety glasses with my prescription, metal frames, and polarized...and sideshields actually fit them properly, unlike every other prescription sunglass frame I've tried.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

www.billybobpacifiers.com/images/glasses.jpg

I always refer to those as 'birth control glasses'. Cuz if you wear them, you'll never get any.

I wear Bolle Vigalante

http://www.peepers.com/products/Bolle_Vigilante_-_w_A-SES_4-Lens_Set_1968.html

for shooting and driving (with orange lenses) here in OR. BSW
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

www.billybobpacifiers.com/images/glasses.jpg

like I said, college math professor look, not desireable
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:52:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Oakley will put a presription lens insert into their glasses. Just be prepared to pay out the ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top