Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 5:03:24 AM EDT
I was looking for a pair of boots and came across these from Converse.

Converse Tactical Boots

I browsed through the Converse site, but didn't find any info on these boots. Anyone have these? What are your thoughts/experiences with them?

^_^_^
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 pair of the side zip saftey tow 1 black 1 tan they are verry cormfatable there are my EDW boot I have recomended them to anyone who would listen
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:04:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have 2 pair of the side zip saftey tow 1 black 1 tan they are verry cormfatable there are my EDW boot I have recomended them to anyone who would listen

Good to hear. They look realy comfortable and I like the composite safety toe over a true steel toe. Where did you get yours?

^_^_^
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I ordered mine from Brigade QM

www.actiongear.com

They run true to size at least for me as I ware a 10.5 & ordered a 11 origanlly figuring that would be needed but returned them for the 10.5 I like that BQM has a 30 day exchange on footware as long as they are clean(nt worn outside)
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool, thx Bogie. I will check BQ out. That return policy is great, especially since almost every pair of shoes I have purchase fits differently.

It doesn't say, but are the pair(s) you picked up waterproof? If not, you think it would be easy to get them waterproofed?

^_^_^
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The side zips are not listed as water proof the lace ups are the water can infiltrate thro the zipper thus i wore mine all throu hunting season (rain,snow,mud) along with every day for the last year or so without Any water getting in the boot
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#6]
My Sgt. just bought a pair of the zip ones and loves them.  He says they are the best pair he has ever owned... I will try them out next time I am in the market for a pair...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:14:00 AM EDT
[#7]
had my desert tactical for over a year now, time for a new pair.
wear them for work and play.
decent price too.......
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a pair and they may be the best boots I have ever owned in all my 47 years.  Converse will be getting more of my hard earned cash.

Dave
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, great to see people have tried and like these boots. Average price is about $89.99 which is a damn good price for a pair of boots that can take a beating.

Thx again for the info/views of these boots.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:54:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Try the Oakley S.I.   The most comfortable boot made!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:00:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Try the Oakley S.I.   The most comfortable boot made!!

Hmm, I checked out Oakley's site and these look pretty good. Only thing holding me back is the price. I also like the GATLING, I need to see if there is a place around here or a place with a good return policy that carries these boots.

Where did you get yours Policetacteam?

^_^_^
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top