Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 10:36:54 AM EDT
I know some have interest in a Tactical Outer Carriers that can accept standard two piece ballistic soft body armor.  Not everyone can afford the Ciras+armor or some of the new carriers for the interceptor armor.  I recently purchased the TT Modular Panel Carrier and have to give it a big thumbs-up.  I call this a semi-review, as I haven't really field tested this yet.  I really wish TT would update the website & catalog as the pictures don't do this piece justice.  As you can see from my pics, it's loaded with MOLLE (vs. the website that only shows 6 rows).   This item is well made, has a generous internal trama plate pocket in front and internal zippers to insert your duty issue or personally bought soft armor panels.  It also has large, thick shoulder straps and a drag handle.  I bought this as a quick throw-on set-up.  It has two straps on each end to cinch down.  I've found that by letting out all the slack but keeping the buckles snapped, I can easily throw-on this vest like a shirt in a matter of seconds.  A quick pull of the straps, and it's ready to go.  This won't accept hardplates, but it's not designed to.  It's great as a quick throw-on for callouts, off-duty, or that bump in the night.  I still need a few more pouches for mine.  I keep it in a Galls Body Armor Locker.  It fits nicely and even closes with the pouches full of gear.

Tactical Taylor Modular Panel Carrier
Galls Body Armor Locker
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Price???
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
There's no attachments for a duty belt for attachment of drop leg pouches, etc.  

Price is $120, you have to look at the website dummy here
Does it accept plates too?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't take plates, you have to read the post, dummy!

They have a new system coming out for about $350 that will cover better and have more pals loops. Currently all of them are custom jobs, but they are setting up for production soon, allegedly...

My only complaint about the carrier shown here is that it was not completely covered with the loops. I'll post a pic of my rig when I get a chance.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I was told that you could order one with plate pockets custom installed.  

I ended up ordering a HSGI Woosatch.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I got this as something simple to throw on and that takes standard soft armor panels.  This isn't my SHTF end of world rig (although I could throw a TT MAV on top if needing more gear).  TT is working on this TT ACU IBA Cover if you need more armor & gear: (you may need to be a member of lightfighter to access.)

Pics from Lightfighter:

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How well does it fit??? and how comfortable is it???

The coverage is a little short without a duty belt on.  It feels pretty comfortable, but I wear soft armor all day at work and don't really notice it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top