Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 1:49:10 PM EDT
Anyone tried these?:

trailhiker pants from cabelas.  The look a lot like the propper pants that are copies of the 5.11's... but with a larger selection of colors.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw them in the catalog but wanted to see the back pockets before I got a set.  I love my 5.11 pants for duty wear but  for street wear those open back pockets are a little funny looking,
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Been wearing them for a few years.  Great pants.  The back pockets will have velcro flaps, either one or two patches depending on the lot.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Been wearing them for a few years.  Great pants.  The back pockets will have velcro flaps, either one or two patches depending on the lot.

I must have a dozen pairs of these pants. These are good pants for the money ($29.95/pair).  They don't have the carabiner strap on the backside (like the 5.11 pants) and the knife/spare pistol mag/cellphone pocket is still on the right leg (which is nice for us lefties!!).

So far, durability has not been an issue. They have been worn to numerous courses (pistol, shotgun, and carbine) with no tears, rips, or frayed/failed seams.

For those that are concerned, the pants are not made in the USA....but then again, neither are the 5.11's...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Those look extremely nice. I wish they were flat front.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Look through the catalog.  I think they have some similar pants that are flat front.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:27:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Not that this really means anything to me, but I noticed Gunny Ermey wearing them on an episode of Mail Call yesterday.  I don't watch the show a whole lot, so I don't if he's been doing this or if it is a recent development.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a couple of pair and they have been durable and comfortable.

96Ag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top