Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 11:01:02 PM EDT
Has anyone used a pair of Bolle T-800 goggles in very dusty, windy conditions?  I'm interested to know if the big gap between the frame and lens (which provides decent ventilation) allows too much crap inside to use them under harsh conditions.

Also, did anyone ever make "tear offs" for them?

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]

if the big gap between the frame and lens (which provides decent ventilation) allows too much crap inside to use them under harsh conditions

Yes, it does.  Bolle T800s are shit and I will never wear them again.  You may as well wear nothing at all.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the feedback!

I've had mine for several years, but I've never used them in a harsh environment when crap floating in the air was an issue.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#3]
t-800 was never intended to be used as a wind ,dust goggle.
very good for cqb and urban enviroments. it has a very good field of view and comfortable.

if you intend on using goggles around a windy and dusty enviroment, ess,oakley and others have such goggles.
i just wish i knew what happened to my t-800's, cant freakin find them anywhere ...........
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#4]
look into FlakJak goggles, they run about $100 and I've only found them on one website but they are very highly spoken about.

Don't fog and don't let dust in due to their unique venting system

Military Morons has a good write up about them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top