Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 6:18:07 AM EDT
Just received my BLackhawk LBV and I can't seem to get all 8 mags into the mag pouches.  Also, the "flap covers" seem to make it difficult to quickly remove a mag.  As anyone else had the same issues?  If so, what did you do?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just received my BLackhawk LBV and I can't seem to get all 8 mags into the mag pouches.  Also, the "flap covers" seem to make it difficult to quickly remove a mag.  As anyone else had the same issues?  If so, what did you do?

Exactly which vest did you get?  How about a link?

In general the pouches will loosen up with time and use.  As for the flaps, if you are going into a situation where you know you will need quick access to your mags, you could always tuck the flaps behind the mags.  THis would give you more of a "shingle" type set up than pouches.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#2]
New Gear, just load mags into pouches and leave them in there.

That will help break in the elastic straps.

TG
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#3]
this is the vest

BLACKHAWK® ENHANCED SOLDIER'S LOAD BEARING VEST

BlackHawk's enhanced SF-LBV pouches are angle designed for increased mag change efficiency. The panels are made of nylon mesh and the pouches are made of 2 layers of 1000D Nytaneon. The shoulder straps are neck contour cut and packed with .5" closed cell foam. The internal panels have #9 YKK zippered mesh compartments. Each magazine pouch holds 2 M-16 .223 mags that are separated and kept silent by a divider. This vest holds a total of 8 .223 mags and 2 grenades. This vest system is available in Black, OD, Camo and Desert Tan.

Features include:
• Belt loops for military 2.5" pistol belts
• BTS webbing on side and back (fits any BlackHawk product)
• Welded/anodized metal d-rings for buttpack attachment
• Rescue drag handle
• hydration system tube routing system
• Pack-strap keeper system
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top