Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 10:23:50 AM EDT
Slowly but surely im putting all of my gear together. the next step is to add pistol mag pouches for a glock 9mm. I have looked at ...

blackhawk
maxpedition
eagle industries
HSGI
tactical tailor
and spec ops brand.

Are there any other pouches that i have overlooked? Rite now im thinking that i like the HSGI the best (4x singles). I would also end up putting a multi-tool, small light, and other simillirly shaped objects in them. pics and links are appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#1]
YMMV, but I prefer plenty of spare mags w/ my CHL weapons and go for the 8 mag pouches here: www.galatiinternational.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?

No sense being without plenty of reloads.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The ones I have on my vest are from daimondback tactical.  I'm very pleased with them. www.diamondbacktactical.com.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 4 singles from TT on the front of my MAV.  I like them.  The velcro straps can be changed to different sizes or removed.  I just two for G17 mags, one for a Surefire, and one for a knife or multitool.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]

+1 for HSGI but you might consider 4 individual pouches to allow for a little more flexibility.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
+1 for HSGI but you might consider 4 individual pouches to allow for a little more flexibility.

+1 but for singles or doubles.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Blackhawk
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I would suggest Spector. Their gear is typically made of 1000 denier Cordura and is bomb proof. Their products are not expensive and are made very tough!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got a Spec Ops pouch and it's pretty nice.  

"the best" is kind of a trick question.  The best made?  The best for me?  The best fit/color, volume, etc?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 but for singles or doubles.

+2

I have three sets of the double pouches and they fit all of my different pistol mags, SF lights and multi-tools.  Very solid and well sewn.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Are there any other pouches that i have overlooked? Rite now im thinking that i like the HSGI the best (4x singles). I would also end up putting a multi-tool, small light, and other simillirly shaped objects in them. pics and links are appreciated.

Are you looking only at molle compatible for mounting on a chest rig/vest, or for something for a regular belt?

If the latter, most of the better known Kydex formers do really good carriers.  I use mostly Blade-Tech..

I recently got one from the Wilderness that is very nice too.  It's nylon, but with Kydex on the inside.  The belt attachment is really nice too ... nylon webbing that wraps around your belt and fastens with velcro and seems to adjust to different belt widths and thickenesses pretty well.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:16:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I like the Diamondback pouches
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top