Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 4:40:26 PM EDT
Yes, I know it is not an easy question(s) without giving any specifics of mission.

Can you really carry a capable second line with just a chest rig & hydro carrier?

I was curious about the choices some folks have made regarding a set up their own, and some general thoughts regarding the question. Maybe some specifics regarding pouch position and selection.

Sorry if this comes off newbish, I'm not. Just musing.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Second line is fighting gear, so yes you can carry it all on a chest rig. I have a Tactical Tailor 2 piece MAV with four two-mag pouches up front and two general purpose pouches (one on each side). It holds everything I need and fits under a ruck.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Using the words of James Yeager to describe my chest rig: I carry two trauma kits; one to cause it, one to relieve it.

Bullets and medical supplies are all I carry on my chest rig.  My belt only has a pistol on it.  Everything else is either 1st line or 3rd line.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:46:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I carry two trauma kits; one to cause it, one to relieve it.

I gotta write that one down!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:04:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Hope Yeager patented that line....
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#5]
when cant fu**in walk around and shoulder a weapon
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#6]
you got to help me with 1,2,3 line.
i think i got 1 and 2.
1. belt, drop pistol right leg, dump pouch left leg. two pistol mags and two rifle mags.
2.  vest, etc.
3.    backpack  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
you got to help me with 1,2,3 line.
i think i got 1 and 2.
1. belt, drop pistol right leg, dump pouch left leg. two pistol mags and two rifle mags.
2.  vest, etc.
3.    backpack  

1st: Essentials to make it through the day (on your person/belt)
2nd: Fighting gear, may include E&E gear (vest)
3rd: Prolonged sustainment gear (ruck)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top