Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 4:26:31 PM EDT
Is the Rhodesian rig from Eagle pretty much the exact same as the hyped MCLS that is not available to civies?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#1]
hmm

The Rhodesian you speak of is one (1) part of the MLCS (Maritime Load Carrying System) developed by eagle around the 2001/2 timeframe.  2003 is when MLCS kit was then cloned by BPG to form the basis of the STRIKE gear lineup.  Since that time, BPG has bilked designs from several vendors for their STRIKE gear.

that aside, there is also the H-Harness, Plate Carrier platforms along with the CIRAS in 2004 formed the core of the MLCS system.  There is another lineup called RLCS RANGER... LCS which is the same as MLCS save for the color which is in you guessed in RANGER green.

Anyhow, back to your question, the Rhodesian is one component of a larger system which has been available to the public for the better part of 18 months +  However, for most civilian sorts, the BPG STRIKE lineup is a satisifactory analog.

EGG
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahh!

Thanks for the clarification, Egg!

I always thought the MLCS was a name for a rig...

That being said, I'm attracted to the Eagle PC w/ cumberbun. Is it a good choice? Would you know  a good place where I can get some pics of it?

THanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:19:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top