Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 2:03:01 PM EDT
I am in need of a molle type rig, something along the lines of the Eagle CIARAS (sp?). I do not need the one handed ditch ability that seems to drive the price up. I only need it to do three things...

1) be covered with molle straps
2) carry my SOFT body armor panels, IE slip my concealment vest panels inside it and wear it externally, and ...
3) be under $200.

Upgradable shoulder straps would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

Am I dreaming? On SKD's site below the CIARAS they have a plate carrier with cumberbun that looks good, for about $160, but it doesn't say if it will take soft armor panels...

Anybody?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Eagle is coming out (like in a few weeks) with a LE-version of the Maritime CIRAS that's non-releasable and is gonna sell for $310.  Only gonna be available in black and ranger green, though.  There's a thread with some good pics on the Lightfighter Stud Board if you wanna check it out.  I'm about 75% sure I'm gonna be picking up one of these (toying with the new TT IBA cover as well) when they're released.

ETA:  Didn't see the under $200 part
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If it really kicks a$$ I can go up a bit, but no way $500+.

What's the new TT IBA?

Tactical tailor is right down the road...hmm...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#3]
TT IBA, stoled from Scollins in the "Multicam or ACU" thread:

His was custom job in Multicam, the standard colors are ACU and Coyote.  I don't think they're on the TT website yet, but I guess they're in the store.  There's also a thread about them on the Stud Board.

ETA:  If he wants I'll take the pic down or host it myself....
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Sumbitch thats perfect,..if it comes in Black.

Any idea how much?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sumbitch thats perfect,..if it comes in Black.

Any idea how much?

One of the guys from TT said the final price is gonna be between $275 and $350.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]
if it works for your softarmor - if what you have is not IBA then it would be pointless to order the rig above.

CIRAS - if you have BALCS cut armor, again doesnt sound like what you have - but you know what everything will have a price and sometimes you will just have to bite the buller

EGG
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
if it works for your softarmor - if what you have is not IBA then it would be pointless to order the rig above.

CIRAS - if you have BALCS cut armor, again doesnt sound like what you have - but you know what everything will have a price and sometimes you will just have to bite the buller

EGG

Well if he can get to the TT shop, he can do a custom order for their IBA cover and they'll cut it to fit his specific panels.  That's actually what Scollins up there had done.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I might have to, the CIRAS is Balcs cut too.

Incidently the panels I have are in a Second Chance vest. I am in plainclothes now and just want all my stuff in a package I can throw on in an emergency.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I might have to, the CIRAS is Balcs cut too.

Incidently the panels I have are in a Second Chance vest. I am in plainclothes now and just want all my stuff in a package I can throw on in an emergency.

Just get a plate carrier and put your vest on under it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I have soft armor, and an assault vest, the point of the exercise was to combine the two, and gain the flexibility of the molle system at the same time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Disregard, I found something in the EE sorta similar I think will do nicely. Much cheaper too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top