Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 8:12:12 AM EDT
I got a brand new weapon case (I think) a while back. I think it is Aerial Drop Case for a weapon but I am not sure. It is woodland camo, with some padding, lots of straps and silver metal buckles. I found a stamped marking (some of the markings are a little fudged so I am not sure if I read them correctly) and it reads:

81397-ASBY 11-1-6966-1
CONT. NO. DAAD - 15 -99-C-002
AERIAL 70133
Date MFR 5/00

Anybody got a clue as to specifically what this is?
Here are some pics:

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Ya know, IIRC it was decades ago when it was first published that marajuana makes ya forget things.

Take it ya forgot that fact too.................

Mike

ps - I find a receipt for the purchase always comes in handy at a time like this.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#2]
No receipt.  Got it with some other stuff.  Guy I got it from said it was a weapons case of some sort but not sure for what or how to use it.  It really does look like a drop case for some weapon.  I am trying to find out for what weapon specifically.

As for the marijuana.....never partook
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#3]
it's the container for "Parachute, Personnel Type: 24-Foot Diameter, Troop, Chest, Reserve"

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#4]
So it's a case that holds a packed parachute?  It seems awefully long for that...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
it's the container for "Parachute, Personnel Type: 24-Foot Diameter, Troop, Chest, Reserve"

If it's about 57" long, that's the one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you've got it nailed.

Aw crap, what the hell am I going to do with this thing?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you've got it nailed.

Roll it up and smoke it!  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

A lot of good camo, straps, buckles, and hooks there. Find someone with a heavy duty sewing machine and make some tacicool gear from it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot of good camo, straps, buckles, and hooks there. Find someone with a heavy duty sewing machine and make some tacicool gear from it.

Not a bad idea.  Maybe I will make this into some kind of drag bag/shooting mat.....
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a bad idea.  Maybe I will make this into some kind of drag bag/shooting mat.....

Yep I thought of that when I posted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top