Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 4:09:37 PM EDT
Alright. We all have med bags, range bags, etc. How do you organize your stuff at home? I'm trying to better sort my stuff. Post your pics. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm wanting to get deployment bag or large range bag for my stuff, but as soon as I commit to spending $250 on anything, I usually end up buying more gear or ammo!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I gave up keeping everything in duffle bags or gear bags. I started keep things much more orginized in translucent bins with hinged lids. Home Depot has them for about $5 each. I sort all my stuff by type, web gear, holsters, outerwear, cooking stuff and the list goes on. They stack great when full, take up very little room if empty and you can see what's in them. I put label on the end and they even look orginized now. Not the pile of gearbags that I used to have. I've been collecting gear for a long time and it adds up after 25 years.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I use one of our spare bedrooms,that room is a mess loaded wall to wall with gear and BDU & assorted stuff purchased from local army navy store that went out of business.

My after market gear hangs in a closet.

TG
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on the clear storage containers. MadcapMagician, I am assuming you read Dale Brown novels?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:24:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I use one of our spare bedrooms,that room is a mess loaded wall to wall with gear and BDU & assorted stuff purchased from local army navy store that went out of business.

My after market gear hangs in a closet.

TG

Same here, and my wife thinks I'm crazy.  I can't believe she puts up with it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I'm a Dale Brown fan.  It's been about a year or two since I've gone through the series again.  Are you a fan as well?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Same here, and my wife thinks I'm crazy. I can't believe she puts up with it.

Yeah... I now have an official "Gun Room" at home and I keep all of my gear on a plastic shelving system within the room.  It is much easier for me to loadout and keep track of what I have vs. what I still need to get.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:41:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I wear it. Sleeping is a little awkward but I'm always ready.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Plastic laundry tub from WalMart, with a strip of masking tape on the lid and each side where I write what's in it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:59:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Lowe's sells a black plastic 'foot locker' that holds everything going into the BOV that won't fit in a BOB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top