Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 2:59:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
i'd prefer the 4 mags double with the option to run single mags.
load is distributed more evenly and helps alot when you have to go prone.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I like singles, makes going prone easier, in LE I dont need 8 mags so 4 is good for most situations.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess I'd like 4 singles with the ability to add more in front if needed...

What about a funky "swingout" concept?
a 2x double mag pouch that the front two pouches can swing outward to create a 4-wide single?
or close back up to two doubles for when more carrier space is needed?
(although the on-the-fly mag orientation thing might need addressing)

see what happens when you start letting me brainstorm!?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:09:11 AM EDT
[#6]
If I want a rig tht holds a shitload of deployment gear, I'm gonna get a larger dedicated rig (HSGI Warlord) or a modular PALS rig.  For a universal rig, I want a right that's lighter and dedicated to a particular weapon.

The Eagle is a good start, but eight mags is a bit much.  I would prefer four flat cells with better tool/light/mag pouches on the tops of the inside two cells.  Four, like the Eagle, is nice.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:23:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I like singles, makes going prone easier, in LE I dont need 8 mags so 4 is good for most situations.  

Definitely.  I would put the double pouches out toward the sides so you're not laying on them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#9]
How about four pouches, with the two inboard ones being singles and the outer pouches being doubles, to make six magazines total?  PALS webbing on the rest of it, since there's such a variation on where people want to put their pistol magazines, lights, etc.  Also make sure to have a quality waistbelt to hold a dump pouch, etc.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I would have to go with four singles with the ability to add more for mission specific gear.

The four singles would help in the prone, as everyone else has said. If I were to add doubles, they would definately be on the outside..
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I have found that putting pouches on pouches makes everything sag and bounce and getting stuff from the pouches on the pouches becomes an exercise in frustration.  I would not buy anything with pouches on top of pouches.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#12]
sag is a both on POORLY designed and executed gear - yes, on others it not an issue.

I would venture a hunch that a vast majority of folks here will not need more than 4 mags at a given time, unless of course you have hosen to be in Injun country :D

that being said, 4 single mag pockets with NO MORE than 2 (two) PALS channels on either side of the mag

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess I am missing something here. If you go 4 singles across the front, then have PALS on either side, what advantage does this set up have over a Brush Boar? That is only 6 singles wide, and it works just fine if you download and only carry 4 mags.
My thinking is if you offer a 2x2 set up, that would be different enough from other stuff out there. Also, it would take up less space leaving more room for your radio pouch, dump bag, holster, and GP pouch. The ability to have a completely flat front, then customize the way I want is what lead me to purchase the Boar, well and Stu's great salesmanship!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If I want a rig tht holds a shitload of deployment gear, I'm gonna get a larger dedicated rig (HSGI Warlord) or a modular PALS rig.  For a universal rig, I want a right that's lighter and dedicated to a particular weapon.

The Eagle is a good start, but eight mags is a bit much.  I would prefer four flat cells with better tool/light/mag pouches on the tops of the inside two cells.  Four, like the Eagle, is nice.

Yeah, my blackhawk has six pouches in the front.

I've realized that except for my compass and binoculars, there's really nowhere else to stick other gear that you can get at easily. Probably gonna replace it because of that for a modular.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Im in the process of building my TT 2 piece MAV. I found the best idea is to get a bunch of stackable single shingles. If your patroling or doing some light work that wont get you stuck in the middle of nowhere with 4 mags ill just use a row of 4 singles. If were going somewhere were the SHTF ill stack another 4 singles on the outside of the 4 already on the MAV . If i really wanna go bonkers i could even stack em three deep.Another good thing about a 2 piece MAV is the fact when in the prone for long period of time you can unbuckle the front . I also have Molle webbing on my dump bag so i can add some shingles down there if i need more mags. Only downside is malice clips can be a PITA if you got change them quickly.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Im in the process of building my TT 2 piece MAV. I found the best idea is to get a bunch of stackable single shingles. If your patroling or doing some light work that wont get you stuck in the middle of nowhere with 4 mags ill just use a row of 4 singles. If were going somewhere were the SHTF ill stack another 4 singles on the outside of the 4 already on the MAV . If i really wanna go bonkers i could even stack em three deep.Another good thing about a 2 piece MAV is the fact when in the prone for long period of time you can unbuckle the front . I also have Molle webbing on my dump bag so i can add some shingles down there if i need more mags. Only downside is malice clips can be a PITA if you got change them quickly.

Here's my layout for the 2-piece MAV. I keep the magazines oriented to my left, since that's where I'm going for reloads. I can add/remove singles as I see fit. I changed it to this setup after taking a 5-day Carbine Operator Course w/ Blackwater.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#18]
thats pretty much the way mine looks. But i have the center adapter on the way .Sweet rig.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top