Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 8:30:52 PM EDT
I know to use the term lightly, as you cant put a price on your life.... But as a civilian, and probably never ever having to rely on a vest, what are some options? I just thought it might be a wise thing to have in a B.O.B.

Or maybe not. How about your input?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:34:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I am thinking concealable. Just bascially for what you said: bumps in the night, if the SHTF, and for just having at the range for a little more of a feeling of protection, when I am around people who I dont necessarily "trust"
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:51:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Are paltes and armor available to civilians?  I though most companies sell only to LE and military...or is this another one of those myths.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:54:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Most of the finer vests are sold at the local Police Supply, and yes here in Texas, (houston in particular) they sell to civies.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:04:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone can legally buy armor as long as you have legal intentions for it.  Many (most) companies seem to have a policy to only sell to Mil/LEO in order to legally cover their butts.

Check in the EE.  There's almost always some for sale in there.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:07:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Just be careful about buying used vests.  They deteriorate over time and have an "expiration date".
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top