Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 10:35:02 AM EDT
Ok, how do you guys attch your MOLLE items that have a flap on the back with the little metal button tab on them similar to this?

I have mine attached by first looping the flap in the first line of pack's weaving, then back through the waving on the back of the pouch, then on the next line of weaving on the pack and so on.  Is  this the correct attachment method?

Below is a quick MSPaint photo of how I attache them.

The little sqiuggly line is the flap (assuming it was extermely long) and the pouch and the bag have been "separated" for illustration.  Like I said, I start with the bag's weaving and go back and forth between the bag and the pouch until I am out of flap and then I button it up.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ok, how do you guys attch your MOLLE items that have a flap on the back with the little metal button tab on them similar to this?

www.eagleindustries.com/images/prodimages/p_PFC_D_1_MS_Back.jpg

I have mine attached by first looping the flap in the first line of pack's weaving, then back through the waving on the back of the pouch, then on the next line of weaving on the pack and so on.  Is  this the correct attachment method?

Below is a quick MSPaint photo of how I attache them.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/mattld/MOLLEEX.jpg

The little sqiuggly line is the flap (assuming it was extermely long) and the pouch and the bag have been "separated" for illustration.  Like I said, I start with the bag's weaving and go back and forth between the bag and the pouch until I am out of flap and then I button it up.

That's pretty much it. Tactical Tailor has a photo-how-to, but if it's secure on your pack, then that's all that matters.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]

That is correct.  The trick is getting the button snapped and back under the last row of webbing.  Malice clips are a bit easier in that regard.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the link to that tutorial?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats the way to do it.. pain in the ass, huh!?!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What is the link to that tutorial?

I can't find one at their website, but it's illustrated in their printed catalog. Your diagram above is a rough version of theirs.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's one of a few Malice links:
www.emdomusa.com/MALICE-Instruction.html
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah especially towards the end of the flap and if the flap itself is stiff (new).  

Thanks for the confirmation guys.  I just wanted to make sure I was attaching them right and not doing something to the flap that I wasn't supposed to.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Very much so, but also very secure.  Even if the snap comes loose or breaks, the pouch will stay on.  It might come off with a lot of activity, but at least you'll have some warning of it comin loose first, and won't just fall off like ALICE stuff does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top