Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 3:42:12 PM EDT
Specifically, how does it ride when loaded up?

I have had bad luck with plate carriers that have the pouches attached to the carrier and have always gone back to a plain carrier with a chest rig over it.

Here are the ones I have tried.  Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, these did not work for ME, I am sure there are 57 billion people that they do work for, and they are great kit, but they don't work for ME:

1.  Callahan convertible.  when worn as one piece, the weight pulled the front down too far.  Ended up breaking it up and using the hellcat over the carrier.

2.  Wasatch.  Had one of the early ones, before the weesatch.  Same as the Callahan, front sagged too far when under weight.

3.  Blackhawk plate carrier.  This one not only sagged, but pulled the back plate portion up so far it was uncomfortable on the back of my neck.

I think the answer for me is to stick with a separate carrier and chest rig, but I keep hoping that one of these new rigs will fit what I am looking for.

Any experience with the BDS rig would be appreciated.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top