Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 4:35:33 PM EDT
I need an ALICE compatible General Purpose pouch for an EAgle chest rig I just picked up.  It has a short length of ALICE sized webbing to either side fo the mag pouches.

Right now I am using a spare M16 mag pouch (plan on removing grenade loops) but would like something with a few slots for pens, etc and maybe even some attchement points or pistol mag pouches on front.  

[ETA]  Also, as if to make this more difficult, I would prefer for the pouch to be, well...inexpensive. (read: I am a cheap bastard!)

For those curious, here is a pic of the rig with my "ghetto" GP pouch:

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Sounds like a pretty tall order in these days when all the cool kids are going MOLLE.

I've got a BHI GP pouch that uses ALICE clips.  They had two sizes at the time but mine doesn't have any webbing on the outside and it has nothing on the inside...one big compartment.

Good Luck...gratuitous BUMP.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I need an ALICE compatible General Purpose pouch for an EAgle chest rig I just picked up.  It has a short length of ALICE sized webbing to either side fo the mag pouches.

Right now I am using a spare M16 mag pouch (plan on removing grenade loops) but would like something with a few slots for pens, etc and maybe even some attchement points or pistol mag pouches on front.  

[ETA]  Also, as if to make this more difficult, I would prefer for the pouch to be, well...inexpensive. (read: I am a cheap bastard!)

tinypic.com/kbx360.jpg

Dude.  Get a MOLLE pouch that uses MALICE clips and slap it on there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Got FLOP

putting a bigger/Longer pouch there is an invitation to MORE FLOP  have you thought about having a local shop permanantly sew a pocket on there?

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:11:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/kbx360.jpg

Dude.  Get a MOLLE pouch that uses MALICE clips and slap it on there.

[Homer Simpson]Doh![/Homer Simpson]

I hadn't even thought of that...

And after lling at the ALICE webbing, it appears that with a little manuevering and cursing I could get a pouch with two MOLLE strap connecters to work on it.

Eggrolly,

Yes, that thought had occured to me too.  I want to try it as-is before making any permanent mods.  The who "measure twice, cut once" type deal. If I go that route I will get a custom designed pouch made, but wanted to see what was commercially available first that might fit the bill and leave some modulatrity to the rig.

The M16 pouch actually works pretty well, but is just a bit too small.  I think if I can find one of the AK alice pouches it would work just right.  Mag pouches seem to work pretty well as they have a good cover to keep everything inside, and I might just sew some elastic on the inside and outside for pens, and whatever other gadets I might need. I am also considering something akin to that "Pimp" pistol mag pouch you make if i can find a holster that will work how I want on the rig.  I love the M12/UM84, but there is nowhere on it for additional mag pouches and other 'crap' to be bolted on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top