Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 6:18:16 PM EDT
I am looking at possibly getting a Tac Vest and was looking at the Tactical Tailor Ones.  Mainly the 1A Rifle or the 1B Utility.  I am leaning towards the 1B because I am also an EMT and could hold more medical supplies.  I like the fact they have a pouch on the back for a water bladder and 2 utility pockets on the back.

Anyone use these vests?  I know this company has quality items, but was looking for feedback about the vests themselves.  

Examples Here

Also, anyone try wearing a backpack while wearing a vest?  Wondering how it would work incase you needed to haul more gear.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:00:01 AM EDT
[#1]

FWIW

I've been using the Eagle Industries version for a while and am about to switch to MOLLE.  That would be my only advice...if there is any way you can afford to do it (and it is more expensive than getting a vest with the pouches already sewn on), get the MOLLE version.  

THese type vests are not the "in" thing right now.  Chest rigs and plate carriers are all the rage.  But for my purposes the Tac vest is still doing the job for me.  A pack has not been an issue for me when wearing my current vest.

Good Luck

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a TT rifle shot gun vest (some rifle mag pouches are replaced w/ shotgun loops)
Very nice vests, Good girth adjustment when you go from hot to cold environment.
In addition to the velcro flap closed back sleeve for camelbacks, the inside back of the vest also has an open sleeve for a camelback. you could carry two camelbacks or use the outer pouch for other stuff.
I'd hazard a guess that for your needs, the utility vest would be just what you need.
The modular vests, racks, etc. are great, but I think the TT vest you like would be fine, and the cost would'nt be too bad-modular has a tendency to get real expensive.

I don't have any problems w/ back pack usage with these vests.  At work I don't too often carry a back pack, but when I do, it's w/ a camelback, radio, and small fire extenquisher under it.  Plus the long gun sling.
I do have a ballistic vest on under the vest, so I don't notice any problem w/ that gear mentioned stabbing me in the back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top