Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 6:28:55 AM EDT
I used to have a pair of SOLAG gloves from Blackhawk i really liked, however they got jacked. I was just wondering if there was anything better out there ?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:20:13 AM EDT
[#1]
The Oakleys aren't bad if you get them at the GOV price.  I've heard a couple people complain that they  have had a seam rip, but I haven't found that on mine.  I tend to just run issue nomex gloves more often.

You can see the armored knuckles in the below picture, which are nice to give a little protection if you tend to bash into things.  I felt the sizes ran a little tight, so if you are an in between size, go with the size up.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I did a search, but couldn't find them.  You got a site for them? All I found was Gore-Tex
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#3]
il check them out. My friends all tell me to get flight gloves. I hate flight gloves, if they were meant for anything else they wouldnt be named flight gloves, fit all loose and sit :). The oakley's do look sweet , that would suck if the split though. I have a pair of BH Navy gunner gloves i like to use with my glock and the seam split near the retaining strap.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've heard the southwest motorsports gloves are supposed to be good, I may try a pair.

I have a thin pair of blackhawk gloves that are great, but they're just shooting gloves, they don't have any padding, then again another pair of blackhawk gloves I have have messed up stitching on the inside.

Aimless,
I'm basically just looking for a good shooting glove.  Doesn’t necessarily need padding.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I can't find the gloves I have that I like on blackwater's sight. They say hellstorm, I think, and have a cloth back and thin leather front. They have held up okay, the fabric has pilled some, but I use them a lot.

The SOLAGs I did not like, besides the stiching I thought they were kind of thick.

Im assuming your not talking about these.......
www.rangerjoes.com/hellstorm-solag-gloves-p-1440.html

But maybe these?..........
www.rangerjoes.com/gloves-nomex-solag-p-2393.html

I use the hatch lr10 reactor gloves but mostly for the padding. Plus i liek the no finger tips style glove. They make decent stuff and have a huge line of shooting gloves.  Might wanna check there sight out.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]
southwestmotorsports.com

have a pair of the friction fighter nt and impact ct.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I 've had good luck with the Fast Fit Mechanix gloves and motoross gloves. You can get winter and vented motocross gloves. They have very good finger dexterity.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I prefer a lightweight full finger glove with knuckle protection. I have tried the Oakleys, and liked them alot, but mine didn't last very long. I have since switched to these and so far my first pair has stood up much better and for me they are more comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Aimless,
I'm basically just looking for a good shooting glove.  Doesn’t necessarily need padding.  Thanks

Take a look at batting/racquetball/golf gloves.

I am currently using a pair of Nike batting gloves. I paid something like $15 for the pair. They have held up well the past year. I used them for a week-long course at Blackwater with zero problems. I had one small seam open up this past fall, but, 5 minutes with a needle and thread had them good to go.

Another advantage is that they are sold singly, not in pairs. So, if one glove gets torn up, you do not have to buy a new pair, just replace the damaged one for less than $10.

They are not perfect, but they are something to consider.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aimless,

Take a look at batting/racquetball/golf gloves.

I am currently using a pair of Nike batting gloves. I paid something like $15 for the pair. They have held up well the past year. I used them for a week-long course at Blackwater with zero problems. I had one small seam open up this past fall, but, 5 minutes with a needle and thread had them good to go.

Another advantage is that they are sold singly, not in pairs. So, if one glove gets torn up, you do not have to buy a new pair, just replace the damaged one for less than $10.

They are not perfect, but they are something to consider.

Thanks!  I was thinking the same thing, like a golf glove.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top