Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 6:47:17 AM EDT
I would rather have Eagle products but money is tight right now and I have heard that the quality of the STRIKE gear is on par with Eagle.  I prefer the shoulder adjustments on the BHI but it looks like the side-release buckles on the BHI might be in the way of the first column of webbing instead of being centered on the zipper...otherwise it's a toss up.  Thanks for the advice.

Ealge Industries MOLLE Tac Vest - $130
Eagle Vest

BHI STIRKE DOAV Vest - $70
BHI STRIKE DOAV

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#1]
well it would seem that you've narrowed it down for yourself, what then are you looking for from us?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
well it would seem that you've narrowed it down for yourself, what then are you looking for from us?

I've narrowed it down to these two and am wondering...

1.  ...if the quality of the STRIKE gear is indeed at the level of the Eagle?

2.  ...if anyone has used the STRIKE DOAV and can say whether the buckles get in the way when trying to attach pouches?

3.  ...if I should just get the Eagle and be done with it?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#3]
well since a majority of the STRIKE lineup is a stitch/stitch copy of Eagle, that should clue you to the design.  the buckles will interfere, but how much shi* do you plan on packing on this vest?

Anyhow WHY a vest vice chest carriers, or belt/suspender rigs?

I say MAN up and buy the eagle.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#4]
buy the eagle!!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
well since a majority of the STRIKE lineup is a stitch/stitch copy of Eagle, that should clue you to the design.  the buckles will interfere, but how much shi* do you plan on packing on this vest?

Anyhow WHY a vest vice chest carriers, or belt/suspender rigs?

I say MAN up and buy the eagle.

Having a bad day?  If you are that anoyed by my question why bother answering?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got some of the very first STRIKE gear to come out, and it has been quality stuff.  I'm using the Commando chest rig with the rear plate carrier.  It does have some design flaws that I've corrected with some sewing, but otherwise, it has held up fine to my chairborne commando raids.  Having said all that, the setup isn't quite what I want anymore, so I'll probably be moving to TT's new vest (similar to the CIRAS.)  I want a "full wrap" with plate and armor capability.

Either of those vests are probably going to work fine, if that is the style of vest you want.  They are convenient to don/doff with the center zipper, but I don't believe either one will take plates (if that is a concern for you.)  The seem more geared towards LE wearing an armor vest underneath.  I personally don't like the belt loops on the bottom, but I don't think you have to use a belt with either vest.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Strike gear is NOT on par w/ Eagle.

Strike gear is made of Nyaeton, not 1000 Codura Nylon

Eagle stuff is made in St. Louis, MO.

Strike is made in Vietnam.

I would use Strike if Eagle was not available or I was an airsofter.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#8]
did you look at at the vest from tactical tailor for about 90.00$. I think it may be my next buy.(after a few more items for my MAV)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:26:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
did you look at at the vest from tactical tailor for about 90.00$. I think it may be my next buy.(after a few more items for my MAV)

Interesting...I did some quick research on it and can't find some info.  Are the straps hanging off the bottom for attaching a belt?  Does it have interior "map" pockets and a H2O pocket in the back?

Thanks

BTW - I talked to BHI yesterday and they confirmed that the buckles would get in the way of the first column of webbing.  They are also closing out the DOAV.  The Omega is a "better" design.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:52:17 AM EDT
[#10]

One more time I humbly ask for your expertise.  

Other than the zipper on the Eagle molle Tac Vest, it looks as if the Tactical Tailor and Eagle molle tac vests are basically identical.  I've never had anything from Tactical Tailor.  Is the Eagle vest really $50 better than the TT?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:01:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top