Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 1:43:12 PM EDT
I just picked up a Marine digital CFP-90 (last of the Christmas gift cards) to replace the LIII pack I've been stuffing way past capacity and could really use some info on how to make it work. Most of it is easy enough to figure out, but there are some things on there that I've never dealt with, like load lifters and the adjustable shoulder strap gizmo. Does anyone know where I might find some info on the thing?

Looks like this pack will work nicely. Nalgenes fit in the 2 left pockets, my tent fits in the long right pocket, sleeping bag (barely) fits in it's spot, and my LIII slides into the main compartment like it was meant to be there. That last part solves my only complaint: lack of organization. With the LIII loaded with ammo and gear I can drop the CFP, grab the LIII and get to whatever needs gotten to. I've heard complaints that the aluminum frame bars bend too easily. If that happens I'll just make some new ones, bend them exactly how I want them, and get them hardened. Problem solved
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I have it figured out now. Since I'm 6'4" the shoulder strap attachment gizmo goes all the way up, then let it settle on my hips, pull the slack out of the shoulder straps, and reach back and yank the load lifters. I wandered around the yard with it loaded earlier and so far I like it. It was at least 30 pounds (loaded all my bagged ammo, sleeping bag, and tent) and I could feel the mass, but not really any weight on any specific part of me. I think I'll sew some velcro onto the outside pockets' flaps so I don't have to strap them down with the compression straps and I need to find a couple of 8" x 15" dry bags to try and organize the main compartment, but I have about a month to get that done
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember that most of the weight should be carried by the waist belt so it's carried by your legs, and not your back.  Unfortunately my CFP90 would let the aluminum bars go lower than than the waist belt and dig into my pelvis.  That was with a bit more than 30 pounds though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:22:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you take the bars out? I have one and they stab me. Other than that I like it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:10:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, they can be taken out with some difficulty (on mine, at least, but then it is brand new). I'm thinking that if you pulled them out and bent the lower ends back about 15 degrees with a long, smooth radius it'll help greatly. Remember, those aluminum bars are supposed to be taken out and bent to fit before wearing the pack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top