Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 5:28:07 PM EDT

I am in the market for a good soft case/shooting mat for my long gun, now that that project is well underway.  If anyone has personal experience with these, please chime in.

I don't have any experience with them currently.  The rifle will be a 20" AR with ACOG mounted, and I want the case to be in Coyote.  I won't be using it as a drag bag, so it doesn't have to be the toughest product in the world.  Mostly I will use it at the cement range or in the desert whenever I go out west.  

I don't need the extra round loops I've seen on some of these cases, but a couple of exterior pockets would be good, especially if one of them will fit a suppressor.  I can buy a Tac Force shooting mat bag locally, but I don't want to buy the first thing that crosses my path without looking into it first.  Thanks for any info.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Try the Blackhawk Stalker
It has an inside pocket, it's inexpensive.
Couple of observations after using it:
1. The dang buckles!  When you use it as a shooting mat, they're gonna stick up a bit under it
2. Its means of securing the rifle could be better.  It has couple of straps and a deep pocket to secure the butt of the weapon, and straps on the outside (and their dang buckles!) to cinch the mat to become a case.  I've seen a friend drop his gun out of the other end, muzzle first, on the cement, he wasn't a happy camper  So if you use the shoulder strap, be sure which end is which, and shoulder the case in a proper orientation (rifle butt facing down).
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a fan of Galati Intl. They have great product for less than crappy BLKHAWK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top