Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 5:06:14 AM EDT
Can someone who has one post some detailed pictures of this system. Outside of getting a new helmet I was thinking of updating my old PAGST Helmet. I also have a newer style helmet cover that is all velcro tabs (not like the old ones). From what I am being told from the person I bought it from I should put velcro on the inside of my helmet??? Does the MICH system have velcro on the inside? If so, where?

I also see that BulletProofMe has a retrofit for older PAGST Helmets, anyone know if this is worth the $90?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:16:54 AM EDT
[#1]
BLSS kit for Oregon Aero, something along $120 or so

there is velcro on the inside of the helmet to which are attached a series of gelpads lined with fleece.  
there is NO headband or suspension inside of the MICH, however there is an assembly for the KPOT upgrade to attach the four point chinstrap assembly.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Enhhhh that is what I was wondering? I will have to check this out and see what you are talking about. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
The ACH/MICH has velcro tape attached to the helmet itself.  The pads stick to those.  The chin strap attaches to the helmet itelf.  No actual suspension like the older PASGT.

The round dots are the Velcro on the helmet.  The green side of the pads stick to the Velcro.  The cover attaches to the Velcro and the tabs are double sided so the pads can stick to them too.
That cover won't fit a PASGT very well since the ACH is smaller, it doesn't cover as large an area in the back of the head as the PASGT does.

The 4 D rings that the chin strap attach to are bolted to the helmet.

If you have to wear a helmet for hours, most days a week it's definately worth the cost if you are stuck with the older helmet.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#4]
MICH covers can't be used with PSGT  helmets. You have a PSGT and a PSGT cover that uses little nylon straps with velcro fasteners. Just feed nylon straps around nylon suspension system and secure with velcro on straps to cover where fuzzy sided velcro is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top