Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2005 8:14:25 PM EDT
I can get either one of these in the $75 range.  I like the added PALS of The Pack.  I have heard it has shoulder straps that are too close together.

I am leaning towards "The Pack"  Which of these is a better pack.

I know there are better packs out there, but is there anything better for the same price?  If there was something significantly better, I might be able to swing $150 or so.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have owned THE pack. I now currently have a black Eagle AIII molle and a MultiCam model. It is the most comfortable pack to carry with a light to medium load I have ever owned. I also recommend the frame.

My 2c
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Opinion only: The Tactical Tailor gear is better built and stands up to more abuse over time.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:31:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Alot of guys don't like the straight shoulder straps on the Spec Ops but I have been quite happy with mine.  FWIW
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:36:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm happy with my THE PACK. great quality stuff. very comfortable IMHO
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:39:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Never owned a SpecOps "The Pack," but I did check one out pretty well at Clothing Sales at Lackland - so I'll say this:

Manufs that I own:  Mountainsmith, UltimateDirection, Camelback, USGI ALICE

Manufs that I previously owned: Kelty(circa 1978), and others...

I passed on "The Pack.'  The quality control seemed pretty good.  But the appraised durability left questions in my mind.

The ONLY thing I would consider using it for would be a range bag - but there are better options even for that.

I'm generally not one to slam a product I have never used, but there it is.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]
The TT is better built and bigger, but has less MOLLE/PALS webbing on it.
Also look at CamelBacks Motherlode. About the same size as the TT pack, but has more MOLLE webbing on it.
I was looking as the THE packs, but decided they were just a bit too small for me.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I just recently aquired a THE PACK in ACU pattern. I actually got it in a trade from the original owner who got it free from SpecOPs  along with their prototype internal frame. I did not like the Coyote Tan color and wrote them to see if they would switch. Sure enough they did.

So far it seems like good kit. I'll know more as I use it. I also read that the biggest complaints were the shoulder straps being to close togther. but I'm not a big wide guy so for me they seem to fit nice.  The Internal frame is the Shit and I like it alot so far. As far as their customer service goes...their AAA+ in my book .
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven't owned both, so I can't compare. However, I just received my TT 3-DAP in MC today and I have to say I am very happy with the purchase. Though I'm not too impressed with the "pouch" for the hydration bladder. It doesn't seem to go high enough up, to where it would support the bladder. I'll have a better idea when I get home and have a chance to throw the bladder in though.

ETA: I would also look at the TAG 3-DAP and the Lightfighter RAID (which is significantly better).
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Just ordered the TT 3 DAP.  It sounds like a great pack.  I will wring it out this summer.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I own a TP its does just fine, have drug it over rocks it's gone through water left to sit for days and it has held up. The only problem I have had is a buckle broke but I was able to replace it with on from a fabric store.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:48:41 AM EDT
[#12]
TT has some colors of the 3day on sale til the 31st of december, for 67.50 I think

Polytech
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top