Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 9:57:51 AM EDT
Built this up for deployment, which hasnt happened, we didnt come down on the list for 06'. So now it will have to get me through a couple classes Im planning on taking.
Of all the rigs the BOAR has to be one of the best. This baby "hugs" the body better than any rig Ive tried. This is due to the Individually "spaced" Internal mag pouches. It allows the rig to bend around the body and stay put.
Pouches are from left.
DBT canteen, HSGI M4 Mag pouch, HSGI Grenade, ESSTAC Pistol mags, HSGI M4 mouch, HSGI PRC 127 pouch, DBT SMall Utility (not pictured).
I have also added an SDS X-Harness to the factory straps. It costs less than $30.00 and All you have to do is cut off the SDS Strap and feed the ESSTAC straps through the shoulder harnesses and its Good To GO! This will do Until Stuart decides to get on the Ball with his BOAR X-Harness, Just kidding bro!
enjoy!

This rig works very well for me as a 21B40 Engineer Sapper (Lite demo).
Between Gene and Stuart FOR ME I have found the best rig. It can be loaded up or down.
Dump mag pouch and sub loads also carried on Pistol belt, I also carry a Maaxpedition FAt boy as a Demo / Bug out bag and of course my trusty RAID, with HSGI and ESSTAC Pouches all over it.
ANyone considering a Chest rig, check this one out for sure.
Thanks to brassburn at gwentac.com, Jeff is a great guy.
chuck
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#1]
tag for later
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#2]
eaglecp
You could not have posted this at a better time. I have been looking all over the net for Essential Tactical reviews.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
ACU is soooo the new MARPAT

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
eaglecp
You could not have posted this at a better time. I have been looking all over the net for Essential Tactical reviews.

Honestly I have owned and tested many, the Wa.../ WOO Version A is my second choice but the BOAR is Fantastic. I know Stuart is behind some getting stuff out, But is WELL worth the wait. The rig is so well balanced. To give you an idea, Im 5'11" 190lbs, Medium build (im in Very good shape). It rests very well without the IBA and does not have any excess bounce when running , yet it gives enough to let me move and breath.
The HSGI mag pouches, one is uded for mags and the right side is used for Smoke, Sometimes I carry 2 smokes and just the 8 Mags in the BOAR. Best part is I would just have to switch the Back panel and nothing else to carry my M1A or AR10A4. Everything else is compatible.
Youve got to get one, Contact Jeff (brassburn, he'll hook you up.
chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top