Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2005 7:08:16 AM EDT
I currently have the Spectregear 3 mag chest rig. I prefer belt mounted pistols, but i've found with this particular chest rig, it impedes access to the belt-mounted pistol.  It's even worse when a larger pouch is mounted on the strong side, just after the mag pouches.  I have the Eagle Universal on order, and am assuming it would be same.

I do have an HSGI drop leg, but I'd prefer to keep the pistol higher, but NOT on the chest rig itself.

This morning, i was flipping through a Blade Tech catalog, and noticed their 'woman's' holster, which drops down a bit, and is canted outwards. It looks like this would make it a little easier.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm sure there are LE's that keep a chest rig available to throw over their duty gear. They would have the same problem, i'm looking for their solution.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#1]
either wear your chest rig higher on your chest to allow use of belt holster, wear your pants lower with belt holster or have your drop leg ride as high up on your leg as possible, on your hip if you can.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I am using a Spectre Gear chest rig (one of the old ones that hold 2 mags per and have Alice attachments) that I wear with my duty belt and a Safariland 6280 (mid-ride). I'm 5'8" tall. On my rig it's not even close to being in the way for my draw. I wear mine up high on my chest. How do you have it positioned?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#3]
i am 5'6" and was wearing it lower, so that the bottom is just above my belt line. I throw on a SDS Sandler for hydration. I can try to raise it, but I find it faster to extract mags when they are lower.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I can see how that would be a problem. I was issued a LBE back in the day, so it was an adjustment for me to go to a chest harness. It seems pretty natural now. When I'm really in a hurry I tuck the lids, that's a lot faster for me. Most of my kit is on the Bat Belt, so I just have a rollypoly and extra Glock mags on my chest rig.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:06:36 PM EDT
[#5]
You'll either need to wear the chest rig higher, the pistol lower or move the pistol to the chest rig with a molle-holster or something like the HSGI insert that goes into an existing magazine pouch.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Will do. I'll see how much a problem it is with the incoming Eagle rig. Then, the Specter will become M14 wear...
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Right side slick, looks like that was the answer. It's hard to resist filling PALS channels ;)

ETA: Just received my Eagle universal rig in coyote. Threw on a folding dump pouch, filled it up with mags and a multitool, threw on the SDS Sandler over it..man, this rig is nice. I rigged it up higher and it allowed for a clean G19 draw. This new vest also doesn't seem to chafe my neck like the Specter did. Great replacement, and it does what I want it to do...in the living room, anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top