Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 2:42:07 AM EDT
I have seen a ton of them on airsoft sites but with airsoft, i see those mics as platic replicas of the real thing.

Anyone have any experience with these things?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:43:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally I think they are uncomfortable and modern boom mic seem to do as well.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#2]
There has been lot of discussion on this at lightfighter and I believe the concensus was that none of the civilian/affordable type work that well and the ones like the military uses are very expensive.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
When  I get a chance I will have to check out lightfighter, I found some that are supposedly mil spec and they even have a mil spec price, $600 .
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Cheap throat mics are junk.  

Mil-spec ones work, but are fairly uncomfortable and the sound quality just ok.

A good boom mic is what you want if you are serious about it.  

www.swatheadsets.com makes top of the line stuff.   Expensive and you will wait 3-4 months for your order, but worth every penny ($400-600).  .  

Make sure you have a capable radio and spares package assembled, as well as some knowledge of frequencies, radio protocols, and security measures, or you are just jacking off.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#5]
TCI SWAT makes some

www.tciswat.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top