Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 10:17:46 AM EDT
Looking at both.  I like the MAVs simplicty, but the STRIKE is a plate carrier and already has a bib.  Anyone here with experiance with both?  Which one do you prefer?  Which has more real estate for pouches?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#2]
i had a BHI rig and have a Mav(i'm selling it). the BHI is more comfortable and more robust in construction. the Mav has more room i believe. it wraps further around. i prefer the BHI over the Mav but i would buy Eagles version given the choose of the 3.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:25:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like the MAV has more real-estate on it.  Can some one confirm this?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#6]
the TT 2pc MAV is the way to go...Made in the USA.

if you want a plate carrier get the Eagle PC with the cumberbund.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:33:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Well I don´t have a SR yet but I did a little research since I am on lookout for one to.

But here is waht I got:
The  HSGI stuff seams to be nice...but just if you wear it with the plates. The little Weesatch could be ok without the plates. But you would need shoulderpads anyway.
The HSGI rigs come with a backplate/molle carryier. Also soem say that the HSGI rigs are not so front-heavy.

The STRIKE comes with shoulderpads but no back. For $60 extra you can get a back (platecarrier/moley) to. This one is rated to be ok without plates. If you carry 6 or more mags it will get fron-heavy...but with a plate it will get heavy anyway. Militarymorons.com is a place to take a look on the strike. He put a bladder on his backside of the STRIKE.

Right now I am looking toward the STRIKE. I can carry it as a ChestRig only, I can add a Backplate-kit if I want to, I can just put a cammelbag on it without plates, I can carry a ruck with the SR strapped on...

But he HSGI comes with back-side and inside-mag.pouches allready and it is called to be not so front heavy like others...when wearling no plate....

I don´t know....yet he
Hope you guy´s who own all this gear can tell me if I am right or wrong....still looking for the right gear.

Take care.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top