Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2005 10:56:50 AM EDT
I am 5'10" with a 32" waist. Here is a pic of how I have to adjust my new Hellcat Mk1. Granted, I only have a T-shirt on, but I am out of adjustment with the Fastex buckles in the back. It is just snug, but I cannot make it super tight. Is this acceptable?

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#1]
No, you'll need to get that girdle much tighter if you want the proper slimming effects that'll drive the men wild.  

Seriously though, so long as it isn't so loose that it is sagging or shifting around on you then it should be fine.  Gotta have some breathing room (literally).
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]
That is exaclty the sitautoin I run into with my own Hellcat- I think 32" waist is the very lower end of what it was made for.  

Do you have mags loaded in that pic? The carrier will snug up when mags are inserted, and truth be told you wnat a little room so that you don't suffocate yourself when you start shooting, scooting, and breathing hard....

The real probelm I have found is that  by having to adjust the carrier that small the farthest outboard mags are located under my freaking armpits!  

Oh well, at least it CAN be adjusted that small.  Most tactial vests are completely useless to me because they are made for 280lb 6'3" XXXXXXXL monsetr folks!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Do you have mags loaded in that pic?

I had 5 mags loaded. If I go with the SO-Tech hydration carrier at a later date will I still have this much adjustment or does the hydro carrier have the buckles placed further outboard? I cannot find a detailed pic of the attachment.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#4]
You need to remove one of those buckles and sew the strap in it's place.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Should I do that or look at something like a TT MAV? I like the Hellcat, but maybe it is designed for linebackers. I called SOTech yesterday, but I suppose I keep getting the wrong person on the line. They seem completely lacking in knowledge of their own products. Nothing at all like dealing with a Kifaru or Larue.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should I do that or look at something like a TT MAV? I like the Hellcat, but maybe it is designed for linebackers. I called SOTech yesterday, but I suppose I keep getting the wrong person on the line. They seem completely lacking in knowledge of their own products. Nothing at all like dealing with a Kifaru or Larue.

The MAV has only one buckle in the rear but I think the panels themelves are wider so I'm not sure it will get any tighter around the waist.  Maybe you should just eat more food?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#7]
the hydro carrier will not fit you. i had one. TT mav will fit similiar to what you have. i had a BHI strike chest rig and that would fit you better or Eagles version and they are way more comfortable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top