Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 2:24:17 PM EDT
Greetings

Anyone here have this boot and can give a review?  I like the looks of the boots, but are they any good in a New England winter?  Where is the cheapest place to buy them, assuming they are good for cold weather?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag. I want to know more. Not that I have ever found them in my size.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]
No first hand use, but most users have said that their the most comfortable boot they've worn. There have been mixed reviews as far as their durability.
I've never been to New England so I can't comment much on that. I don't think their waterproof if that helps. I'm planning on ordering a set from their goverment purchase plan for tactical use. If I get them anytime soon I'll let you know how I like them.
If nothing else, do a search on lighfighter.net, they had a review on them not to long ago.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can get them around $120.00 - go for it. Otherwise, take a pass.

I'm on my third pair.

The linings rip out at the top quickly. Tread squeaks like a wounded rat when wet.

Both my desert and black commie ones split where the ball of my foot flexes.

They are NOT waterproof in any way. They are very comfortable.

Buy a 1/2 size larger.

Try to get the US made ones. The last pair I have are US, and seem to be wearing better.

(They have a pink footbed under the removable insert. Check the laces for a logo.)
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#5]
They do not hold up particularly well to fast roping. They abrade really quick.

LE/Govt price is about $90.00  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had a few of my Swat guys get them and say they were ok, more of a soft boot style.  No real support for the ankles.

I would definately say to stay away from these for winter work.  You best bet is a insulated pair of Danner Arcadias hands down!

I wear a pair and would never buy anything else. Little heavy on the pocket book up front but in the long run you save money by not having to buy another pair of boots every 6 months!

- Go
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top