Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 9:19:43 PM EDT
I don't know much about NV.
It seems like a get-what-you-pay-for type of item.
The only unit I've ever played with was a gen 2+ PVS-7 and I was really impressed.
I can't afford one of those.

Looked at civvy units from Walmart and Sportsmans Guide, but I'm afraid that it'll be like throwing money away.
The cheap units never disclose the tube gen, and as stated, I don't know much about NV stuff.

Hoping folks can recommend a "Best bang for the buck" unit.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I get flamed for this all the time, but there is no such thing as "budget night vision gear" unless its of the SGP kind.

For the kind of money you would spend on a Wal-Mart grade unit (around $90-$150, IIRC), you would be better served, in my opinion, spending the money on a decent Surefire weaponlight.

The low-end units like Wally World carries are cheapo first gen Russian units, usually with poor optics. The ones I have had and played with all gave me more eye fatigue than advantage, and in some cases enough to cause headaches from eye strain.

Keep asking around and search some of the Night Vision "depots" out there - sometimes you can find US-made Gen. 2 stuff for a good price - it might not be new or pretty but it usually works just fine for coyotes or looking cool in bathroom mirrors.

Hope this helps,
Clint
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The new one from Weaver Optics looks wonderful and the editors at SWAT mag really loved it. It is  a Gen 1 rated NVG, but gives Gen 4 quality images. Only $250
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The new one from Weaver Optics looks wonderful and the editors at SWAT mag really loved it. It is  a Gen 1 rated NVG, but gives Gen 4 quality images. Only $250

Do you have a link?

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have a link?

Vulcan94

Discussion about Weaver NV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top