Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 12:05:41 AM EDT
anyone using a camelback talon?  i'd like to hear some user-opinions, not a bunch of  "sell it and buy a RAID", or "sell it and buy an A3", since I already ordered one in coyote when the deal presented itself.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:21:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one, and I like it.  I have all kinds of crap stuffed in mine.  I don't own a RAID so I can't compare.  I am happy with mine, and would buy another one.  

Steve
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:32:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Been using one for several months.  Happy with mine.  Wish they had coyote when I bought mine.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:41:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the H.A.W.G. and love it. I use it for everything. I think you cant go wrong with anything camelbak makes.

Targethunter
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one in Coyote.  I almost didn't buy it, because the color looked a little "Red" when I was initially looking at it.  I'm either used to it now or it was the lighting in the shop

I really wanted something with a little more capasity, but I was in a hurry when I bought it, I needed a Camelbak and I needed a new Cary on, I was doing a Range trip out to Reno.

The main compartment seems to hold more then it appears it will.  There are also two large wing pockets that swallow alot

I was a little leary about the front section.  It's attached at the bottom and has compression straps around the perimeter.  The pocket itself has "Organization" pockets inside, one is very interesting in that it looks like it's of a radio, but it straps in a Glock like it was made for it.

The front section flaps up and as mentioned has compresion straps that was made for odd sized objects according to the tag.  I can tell ya that it'll fit a pair of Boots just fine

It has a frame sheet included, which is very cool and much appreciated

Overall, I have two minor complaints, one minor, one kinda minor

Minor - hate the color on the Hydration hose.  It was nice they insolated the tube, but it's damn near white

Kinda Minor - They make a very well thought out pack, even giving you a frame sheet and they left out a damn waist belt

All in all, it's a keeper.  Camelbak has outstanding quality and with the minor exception it's loaded with great features.

You'll dig it
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Overall, I have two minor complaints, one minor, one kinda minor

Minor - hate the color on the Hydration hose.  It was nice they insolated the tube, but it's damn near white
Kinda Minor - They make a very well thought out pack, even giving you a frame sheet and they left out a damn waist belt

i planned to use an insulating cover in coyote as soon as i can pick one up, and i didn't really want a waist belt on this one so it's fine by me (for a pack that needs a waistbelt, i plan to go with kifaru).  i think i probably will like the "glock" pocket as well, thanks for your input
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#6]
No problem

Enjoy
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Archived Thread

Where does it stand among some of the other packs?

might have some more input you're looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top