Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 5:27:08 PM EDT
Which one would be a better buy?

BHI's CQC Serpa tactical holster (drop leg) or Safarialand's 6004?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
safariland
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#2]
for what purpose?

IMO there is not anything that a SERPA can do that a 6004 cannot do.

-> 6004  in a UDLH platform

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#3]
i can't freakin wait for my serpa to come in. interesting design to say the least.
hope mine comes soon.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Purpose? I was thinking of taking a few grueling classes (haven't decided on them yet) and pretty much be "hard" on the holsters.

They both look great and I have heard good reviews for both of them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
-> 6004  in a UDLH platform

This is the winner
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Purpose? I was thinking of taking a few grueling classes (haven't decided on them yet) and pretty much be "hard" on the holsters.

They both look great and I have heard good reviews for both of them.

I just completed a Select-Fire Instructor school and used the CQC drop leg holster set up.  I wasn't put in any "grueling" situations, so the holster did just fine for what I needed it for.  What I didn't like about it is that the holster does not accomodate a weapon mounted light and the holster lacks a top strap to help secure the gun.  I wouldn't want to be using the CQC holster if I was rolling around on the ground fighting with someone who was trying to get my gun.  It is way to easy for someone else to get the gun out.  At least with the 6004, you can add a second button on the hood.  I use the CQC when I teach on the range.  I use the 6004 in SWAT roles.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Excellent info!

Safariland it is !

Plus, it's cheaper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top