Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2005 2:48:50 PM EDT
i keep seeing this pack and i really would like to get one but i dont know what its called or how to get one. if i knew what it was called im sure i could dig one up. thank you.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Its the ILBE daypack.

I dont know of anywhere to get one other then stealing one.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Just buy a RAID and be done with it
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
i dont want a raid and thank you for your info.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
We get them issued to us at ITB (infantry training battalion).  They attach to our larger molle ruck packs.  We are only authorized to wear these packs on our back around the base, and have to carry any others with our hands.  Sucks because I can't carry my kifaru :)

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#5]
think i can dig one up down in pendleton?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
We get them issued to us at ITB (infantry training battalion).  They attach to our larger molle ruck packs.  We are only authorized to wear these packs on our back around the base, and have to carry any others with our hands.  Sucks because I can't carry my kifaru :)

What?  That sounds really retarded!  Can you use your Kifaru in the field, and just not on base?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#7]
i actualy found that little pack on Kifarus website in tan. thats for the input. o heres the link just to make sure i did find the right one. www.kifaru.net/MGe&e.htm
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]
cool little pack
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:25:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i actualy found that little pack on Kifarus website in tan. thats for the input. o heres the link just to make sure i did find the right one. www.kifaru.net/MGe&e.htm

That is not the same pack.  The Marine ILBE Daypack is manufactured exclusively for the USMC and is not available commercially.  The Main Pack is manufactured by Arc'teryx and I would assume the Daypack is also.

Stephen
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#10]
thank you for clearing that up, that little e&e pack will work fine.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#12]
wow that charlie pack might be it, or very close. but to bad the average joe shit the rag man cant order one. have to me in the armed forces or law enforcment.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Really, there's much better than standard Army or USMC issue.

The Charlie pack looks fairly sparse and the straps look thin.  Remember, they make it for the military, which focuses #1 on cost.  As long as you meet the minimum quality standards, cost is the determining factor.

Like others have said, the Eagle A-III (love mine), the Camelbaks (love mine) and other brands are very good.  In my experience, much more rugged and better features than the issue stuff.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Really, there's much better than standard Army or USMC issue.

The Charlie pack looks fairly sparse and the straps look thin.  Remember, they make it for the military, which focuses #1 on cost.  As long as you meet the minimum quality standards, cost is the determining factor.

Like others have said, the Eagle A-III (love mine), the Camelbaks (love mine) and other brands are very good.  In my experience, much more rugged and better features than the issue stuff.

+1 on that.  I have the ILBE assault pack, and it's only notable feature is that it docks on to the ruck.  I took out the plastic frame sheet and put it in my LightFighter RAID, which is in every way I can think of a better assault pack.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#15]
If you don't have to carry an issue pack, I would take the above advise the RAID and several other pack are much better.  The ILBE is starting to get complaints just like the MOLLE.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#16]
that little E&E pack will work perfect for me, i just want a little pack to keep in the back of the truck that i can keep my mags, 70oz bladder, and a small jackett.  thanks everyone for there info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top