Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2005 10:44:42 AM EDT
Well, a friend just purchased me a retention lanyard (don't know what he was thinking). I need to know
what i can do with it. I'm not gonna be leaning outta helos or anything like that, nor will I be shooting while hanging from a cliff.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#1]
is it the bungee type ?  if it is , i've seen pics of seals using them as slings. think it was a pic posted on, sheeuut forgot the site name, it's the one selling gear and stuff like that.

or if ya got a gf or wife need a harness for rodeo sex???

meat
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
is it the bungee type ?  if it is , i've seen pics of seals using them as slings. think it was a pic posted on, sheeuut forgot the site name, it's the one selling gear and stuff like that.

or if ya got a gf or wife need a harness for rodeo sex???

meat

Yeeeeehaw!!

Yep, it is the bungee type
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#3]
damn badaim, your screen name and the way i shoot , we have something in common.
really i have no first hand experience with the lanyard, but  there is somebody here at arfcom who should know.

carne
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#5]
They come in handy for all types of things-----keep it in a place to remember 'cause you never know when you might need it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had classmates use the Gemtech version in training, but I don't see a need personally.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:52:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Other than the newer hooded type drop leg holsters like the Safariland 6004, the web drop leg holsters were notorious for having the snap or velcro thumstrap/retention device coming loose. Pistols would bounce out during running, climbing, rapelling, and helo operations. The bungee device was designed to allow you to retain your pistol if this happenned. They do not work well for me in a dense jungle or wooded environment as the bungee keeps getting hung up on shrubs and branches.  

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:02:31 AM EDT
[#8]
What about boating, canoeing, crossing slippery stream... It just looks cool? Yes I have one, but it sits in the safe. Best I have for you. Can't beat Gemtech lanyards. -Justin
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#9]
i dont beleive badaim is talkin bout , pistol retention lanyards. he's talking bout the strap that keep yer arse from falling outta helo, like in bhd.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Duh.. Sorry bout that. Then I really have nothing to add to this topic. Thanks for the correction. -Justin
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i dont beleive badaim is talkin bout , pistol retention lanyards. he's talking bout the strap that keep yer arse from falling outta helo, like in bhd.

Oh, right.  Uh, shoot a hole in your wallet and go for the gearaholic trucker's wallet look?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#12]
ya know , it's my money and if i feel like i wanna spend it , then whats to ya??? if ya dont have anything positive to post then stay out of it!!!

so now what?????????

bulgoki
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
ya know , it's my money and if i feel like i wanna spend it , then whats to ya??? if ya dont have anything positive to post then stay out of it!!!

so now what?????????

bulgoki

Hrm?  Just a suggestion.  Hook the lanyard to the wallet.  Trucker wallet with nylon vs a chain.  I could care less what anybody buys...

OTOH a Gemtech for my VISA wouldn't be a bad idea, as long as I put the belt end on the fridge so my card stays home.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#14]
did you read the original post??? what badaim said was he had a friend buy him a lanyard , he wanted know what it was good for cause he really had no use for it. i said rodeo sex.  just dont start b.s. this is a free country , so you have a right to say whatever ya want. why start the bullpuckey?? it was just a question...

i'm done with this thread....

bulgoki

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
did you read the original post??? what badaim said was he had a friend buy him a lanyard , he wanted know what it was good for cause he really had no use for it. i said rodeo sex.  just dont start b.s. this is a free country , so you have a right to say whatever ya want. why start the bullpuckey?? it was just a question...

i'm done with this thread....

bulgoki

No problem, my reply was meant in jest as was yours.  FYI, if you take a second to google 'retention lanyard', guess what you'll find?

First on the list

Fourth on the list

Have a good night...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#16]
resq47, no prob. this is why i love arfcomm. good peeps .we all have differences and the next minute  we are still friends...

carne
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I was just talking about these lanyards today.  One thing to use them for- put the "beener" side through the hand hold of your blow out bag/back pack/3DR or what ever just as long as it has "Extreme, SOCOM, SPEC OPS, Tactical, Ninja" he
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Good idea!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I use one to hold extra down in the back of my GMV, when i'm not buzzing around on a helicopter.  this is a pretty specialized piece of equipment, not very multifunctional.
sounds like they just saw it and thought "i bet he doesn't have one... let's buy it for 'em"
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, I sorta would like to have a real use for one.  Since I don't I can always use a yard of 6mm perlon and a pair of biners.  Stay safe, you rotary enabled trigger pushers!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top