Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 4:28:13 PM EDT
I am about to purchase a pair of gloves for general shooting and hopefully for a tactical carbine class

What brand do you prefer?
-Hatch
-Mechanix
-Oakley
-Blackhawk SOLAG
-Other

I am leaning towards the Mechanix M-Pact Stealth

Thanks for your advice
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered some Oakley SI Assault gloves. They look to be very promising. I'll let you know how they are when I get them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Mechanix gloves a lot.  I love them at work (I work on Harleys) as they resist heat when working on a hot bike (particularly when dyno tuning).  I also use the old style Impacts for riding my quad.  However I shoot barehanded except when VERY cold
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Mechanix are hard to beat for the money but, I like my SouthWest MotorSports Impact II GT's

YMMV

Blitz
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got my pair of Hatch CQB gloves.  GREAT gloves!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:59:02 AM EDT
[#5]

I'm still happy with my old fashioned Nomex gloves.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:21:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the Hatch operators & BH Nomex. Out of the two, I prefer the Hatch. IMO. -Justin
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:02:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm a fan of the Hatch CQB Operators.  I like the wrapped cuffs

I have zero experience with the Oakley's, but everything Oakley makes is top knotch
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a pair of SOLAG gloves and they are wonderful!

One drawback is that they take FOREVER to dry if they get wet

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#9]
USGI or Hatch (same thing?) Flight gloves.

I know there are now specific gloves on the market, but they're still my favorite.

The mechanix gloves that I tried wore out faster, and I didn't have the same amount of manual dexterity that I do with the aviators.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:51:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Have ya tried Damascus gloves. They have some new ones. You also get choice of  BLK or OD.

MX-30-Interceptor
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#11]
The Oakleys are really good, if you can get them through Gov Sales than they aren't a bad value either.  The Hatch gloves are alright but they don't seem that durable, Ihave had a couple of pair fall apart on me.  Mechanic Gloves are also pretty good, they last a while.  There is also SWMS, the make a very good glove, but those are hard to get other than via GSA.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:12:58 AM EDT
[#12]
my swms friction fighter nt's are a great set of gloves so far it's held up well. mx-30 damascus interceptor are a nice lightweight glove, breaths well and let see how long it will hold up for.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I use Mechanix gloves a lot.  I love them at work (I work on Harleys) as they resist heat when working on a hot bike (particularly when dyno tuning).  I also use the old style Impacts for riding my quad.  However I shoot barehanded except when VERY cold

+1
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:07:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I use a pair of Nike batting gloves. I used them at Blackwater and they held up very well. They provide decent protection, especially from abrasion type injuries. They are not padded, so, they will not cushion a fall on the hands. The natural leather palm will provide protection from a hot weapon. The snug fit provides good dexterity and is comfortable even when shooting a pistol.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:58:20 AM EDT
[#15]
   I have used Hatch, Hellstorm SOLAG, Damascus, Mechanix, and the issued Nomex gloves (haven't tried the Oakely gloves yet, too expensive) over here in Kuwait and the only ones that stayed together were the Mechanix gloves.
  The issued Nomex flight gloves, Damascus and the Hatch gloves both lasted about two weeks apiece.
  The hellstorms lasted about a month before starting to get holes in them, and I kept wearing them for a few weeks after that.
   The Mechanix gloves are great, they are not that expensive and take the abuse, plus they dry quick (unlike the SOLAGs).  They also do not bleed when you are sweating like the damascus gloves did.  
  I wore the gloves almost every day for about 8 hours at a time, so they got a lot of abuse, they probably would last longer for a non-deployed person.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I use Hellstoerm Nomex flight gloves, they are perfect for me
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I wear out a pair of Mechanix in less than a day.  Too thin, too weak.  Of course, this is done by actually...........working.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I have and like my Hatches, but I'm gonna try the Oakleys next time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#22]

The Hatch Operators seem to hold up a little better than most I've tried, but has anybody tried the new Blackhawk "Fury Commando" gloves?

Kevlar -
http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=4384&d=

Nomex -
http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=4053&d=

Or how about these O.D. kevlar SOLAG's?

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=4370&d=
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a pair of Mechanix Fast Fits (no velcro, just elastic) and they're fantastic.  When they wear out I'll probably go with the Oakleys because I'm a complete and total Oakley whore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top