BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 10:10:05 AM EDT
Can anybody tell what kind of carrier this guy is using?  lightfighter.com/

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#1]
It's almost impossible to see what vest/chestrig he's wearing. All you can really see is his mag pouches. Most of the rig is covered in shadow.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
call and ask
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
those look like Paraclete dual M4 magazine pouches.  They have that elastic band behind the velcro to hold the mags snug when you pull one out.  That's my guess.

As for the vest?  Who knows?

It might be modular, in which case... it could be anything.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]

I really liked where the mag pouches were located.  I like them just above the waist line but not too high towards the chest.  I also would like the vest/carrier to attach to my web belt.  I've looked at several MOLLE rigs but none of them look like they ride as low as the one this guy is wearing.  And VERY few of them have loops to allow attachment to a belt.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#5]
if it's a modular/MOLLE rig, you don't have to run the little attachment straps through all of the MOLLE slots on your vest.  I know a lot of guys that do this because it gives more real estate for your pistol mags above your rifle mags.  

the biggest reason for doing this is that they like being able to access the entire top of ther rifle magazine pouches, if the top pouches are too closely placed to the tops of the rifle mags pouches the bottoms of the pistol mags can catch on the rifle mags.  That kinda stuff slows everything down and can really ruin the party for you.

just a little FYI
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]
NEGATIVE on paraclete pouches

those  are either EAGLE MLCS or BPG STRIKE double M4 pouches

EGG
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:03:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Thanks for the replies.  I guess I'll try calling them again.  I tried yesterday and got a message about how busy they were and to try back later.

I appreciate the advice on the MOLLE gear.  I've only used it to attach pouches to my T.H.E. pack so I consider myself a rookie when it comes to modular type gear.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Eagle MLCS I believe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top