Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 3:22:35 PM EDT
I am intending to use it mostly for carrying books for college. I'd like it to double as a pack for camping, hiking and other outdoor stuff that I do at least a few times a year. I am looking for quality, I want this thing to last forever or close to it. I dont need anything huge , so I'm not sure if a three day pack would be too big. Would like to pay around $100.

I am looking very closely at the Maxpedition Vulture and Condor. Those look like really nice gear. Perhaps the Eagle A-III-P.  Also where is the best and least expensive place to find Maxpedition gear?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
No first-hand experience (yet), but I would go with the Eagle A-III, as you mentioned. I have never heard one bad thing about it. you can pick it up for about $100 shipped (with discount code) at BQM.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Eagle AIIII would make an excellent pack for you.  My Gateway POS laptop even fits in the middle pocket.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#5]
seein a trend here?

AIII
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok ok ok. So I know that the majority of you would have gone with the Eagle A-III, an I really did give it some serious consideration, but in the end my gut told me to go with the Maxpedition Vulture. Something about it just appealed more to me than the Eagle though I can't quite put my finger on it. I do appreciate the input though. I'll post some thoughts about the Vulture on the 3 day pack thread when I get it in.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey, don't feel like you got a crappy bag!
I went through this same thing and ended up with a MxP Condor. ( was looking for daypacks)
Basically a tough lookin' bookbag, but so far, it's fulfilling it's intended purpose.

Yeah, I still lust after a RAID pack...just don't have the $300+ to make such a thing happen right now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have a lameo Camelbak motherlode. We have never assauled anything, in fact I have never assaulted anything other than the free wings table at a few bars I have carried my pop tarts and other groceries in it and taken it hunting and hiking. I can't swear that it will last forever, but it has been a couple of years now.

However I WANT a Kifaru, then bullies will no longer kick sand in my face at the beach and buxom, willing women will throw themselves down before me.

that's sooooo funny.

i'm still waiting for that to happen to me too.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#10]
If you are in NC and know someone in the Ft. Bragg area there are coyote LF R.A.I.D. packs on hand.  They won't ship which is a bummer.  About 185 bucks but you can check the website to be sure.  There is an Eagle woodland RAID on the EE board here at a nice price.  Of course then you will need some add on molle pouches etc...
People rave about Kifaru.  
Arc'teryx is the new kid on the block (in tactical colors) but initial reports are positive.  I have some of their hiking stuff and it's top notch.  Expect to pay for it.
Kelty MAP is reportedly used by the go fast Navy guys but I can't confirm it.
TAG makes a fair looking raid pack.
Many good reviews for the Camelbak stuff as well except for the placement of the webbing.

You can read in depth reports about the topics I glossed over here in the lightfighter forums.  Just search any of the above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top