Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2005 3:37:09 PM EDT
OK, i know this is not all that "tactical" but which camelbak would be good for trip to Disney World?

I am looking at the Mule for a little carrying capacity.

Any ideas?

Link Posted: 7/5/2005 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
just got back from the disneyworld took my camelback mule in tri color desert and i wasnt the only one there with one either. big enough to put a snack or two in there, a ponch, surefire and a first aid kit also. be prepared to pay 2 bux for a bottle of water!!! email me if you need more info thanks mike
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 5:25:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Do most parks allow you to bring something like this into the park?

I want to say Six Flags or some other money-vaccuum like that no longer allows backpacks, which I'm sure they woudl consider a Camelback.

I know for sure that the outdoor concert place near my doesn't allow them in.

Good to know Disney hasn't caught on to the fact that they are losing a few $2.00/bottle consumers by allowing them to hump their own water through the park.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The ambush is basically just a camelback with a pouch about the size of two m-14 mags, plus you can attach stuff with molle loops to it.

Good to know I'm not the only one who judges the size of stuff related to firearms or how many mags/water it will hold!  

I run with an older Gregory hydro-pack (about the size of an Ambush, smaller than the HAWG) that holds a CamleBak 3L bladder, with a pocket about the size of 4x20rd AR mags.  Enough for wallet, keys, phone, Digital Elph camera and some PowerBars.  

If they give you any lip about carrying a bag inside, have the wife/gf carry it and say it's a purse.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I couldn't believe how lax security was at DW in July '03.  They just glanced in my wife's bag.  Didn't even look at me.

I could have been carrying pistols, knives, mags, etc....

What kind of an asshole would attack the "happiest place on Earth"? It just doesn't happen. Even terrorists apparently have their limits.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Didn't terrorists attack Eurodisney in "Rainbow6"?

Ok... that's Euro-Disney. There's a distinct difference. For one thing, it's in France... hardly the happiest place on Earth IMHO. Second it's in Europe... hardly the happiest place on Earth IMHO. Third... it's in France.

Did you ever hear how every time they set off the fireworks at Euro-Disney the French throw up their arms and surrender?
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok... that's Euro-Disney. There's a distinct difference. For one thing, it's in France... hardly the happiest place on Earth IMHO. Second it's in Europe... hardly the happiest place on Earth IMHO. Third... it's in France.

Did you ever hear how every time they set off the fireworks at Euro-Disney the French throw up their arms and surrender?

Thanks alot you jackass.  Way to murder me with laughter.  I think i busted my gut.

/whipes tear from eye.
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Used my HAWG Camelback a few years ago there along with my kids "junior" sized Camelback. It was awesome.  Went in August, hotter than hell.  Also holds camera, sunscreen, wallet, cellphone, trinkets bought at the park.  Secure all things that would fall out of  your pocket on the rides.
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Is that the one where the sniper "missed" the target for maximun effect?

Link Posted: 7/7/2005 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Worldpark in Rainbow six.

Watch for the movie in 2007 w00t!
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 10:50:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I have gone to several parks with camelbacks and no problems. If they ask I will say my son has a medical problem (which he does, he is allergic to bee's. wasps so forth) and it has meds that have to stay cold.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#17]
U will def need it there...make sure U fill it with plenty of vodka...standin in lines and puttin up w/ crazies and disney employees can be weathered w/ a few swigs  

have ur wife carry the one filled with the water
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 12:17:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Worldpark in Rainbow six.

Watch for the movie in 2007 w00t!

Not to change the subject about, but I dont think we will be seeing a Rainbow six movie. I hope I am wrong. They have been saying this is going to happen for years. But yes the snipe did gut shot a guy becuase he killed a kid in a wheel chair. I think I am going to read the book again. Its my favorite book.
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 5:17:08 AM EDT
[#19]
THREAD HIJACK!!

I hope this pans out!!

www.gamespot.com/news/2004/06/03/news_6099854.html
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 5:33:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I've been considering the purchase of a Camelbak "Goblin" or a "Demon"

Both have hidden compartments for handguns built in and were desighed for a "Civilian" look that doesn't spook the sheep
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 5:42:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Clancy was unfortunately prophetic about the use of passenger jets against the US.

....in the same sense that saying "it will rain some day" is prophetic....
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
THREAD HIJACK!!

I hope this pans out!!

If it makes it onto IMDb it's a good sign. They usually don't let "hearsay rumor" crap get through too often. IMDb link
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
THREAD HIJACK!!

I hope this pans out!!

John Woo?

It's gonna suck...
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 12:06:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
John Woo?
It's gonna suck...

He's kind of hit-or-miss. I liked some of his movies, as ridiculously over-stylized as they have been. Replacement Killers and, as much as it pains me to say Face/Off and MI:2 (stupid but one of those mindlessly watchable movies). Everythign else he's made is pretty much garbage.Windtalkers and Hard Target I couldn't even watch 10 minutes of they were so dumb. No intentions of seeing Bulletproof Monk or Paycheck. Broken Arrow was trash.

I can only hope he could do something worth seeing with R6 simply because it's a cool premise for a story... as long as he has a good cast to carry it (it would be cool to see the guy who played Chavez in Clear and Present Danger) and either Liev Shriber or Wilem Dafoe as Clark... but it'll never happen.

Should we start an R6 thread ot stop hijacking this one?
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 5:36:30 AM EDT
[#25]

OK, what about "Whick camelbak whould Ding Chavez use while assaulting a group of enviro-mental nuts in a jungle and which one whould he take to DW"?

Link Posted: 7/10/2005 6:03:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

OK, what about "Whick camelbak whould Ding Chavez use while assaulting a group of enviro-mental nuts in a jungle and which one whould he take to DW"?

I see John Clark as a HAWG kind of guy... it's a minimalist pack... He doesn't strike me as the type who needs a BFM or Motherlode.
Ding is a Stealth user.
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Back to the original subject... I used a Camelbak Mule at DW last August. No problem in any of the parks. Only one pack checker even bothered to check the pocket where the water pouch is stored. Kept the water cold and had no problems filling it at water fountains.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 6:27:59 AM EDT
[#28]

My and my wife went to Disney twice this year, once for our honeymoon and again for fun.  I carried a Camelbak HAWG with me each time loaded with:

- Medical kit
- (5) Bottles of water
- LED head light
- (2) complete MRE's + extras
- (2) Ponchos
- Digital camera
- Umbrella
- (2) Glock 17 magazines
- Space blanket
- (6) CR123s for surefire and headlamp

We never had a problem getting through the gate of any Disney property.  The food saved us a boat load of money.  Having the extra equipment provides a certain level of security.

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
My and my wife went to Disney twice this year, once for our honeymoon and again for fun.  I carried a Camelbak HAWG with me each time loaded with:

- Medical kit
- (5) Bottles of water
- LED head light
- (2) Ponchos
- Digital camera
- Umbrella
- (2) Glock 17 magazines
- Space blanket

We never had a problem getting through the gate of any Disney property.  The food saved us a boat load of money.  Having the extra equipment provides a certain level of security.

Damn, talk about hardcore!  I can see my wife's face when I tell her we're eating MRE's!

Link Posted: 7/20/2005 7:28:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- Medical kit
- (5) Bottles of water
- LED head light
- (2) Ponchos
- Digital camera
- Umbrella
- (2) Glock 17 magazines
- Space blanket

Damn, talk about hardcore!  I can see my wife's face when I tell her we're eating MRE's!

That how me and the wife afford M16s and other firearms! It was her ideal not mine I would like to add.  She freaked out when I broke down in Epcot and purchased Sushi at the Japanese restaurant and it was our honeymoon.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I got a BlowFish™ for Mountain biking.
I love it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I got a BlowFish™ for Mountain biking.
I love it.

Wahhh? What the hell kind of CB is that? It's not black, OD, desert tan, OR multicam. You better watch yourself mister... the tactical fashion police may write you a ticket.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Nothing tactical about Mountain biking.  Just keep pedaling and don't fall.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 5:43:11 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I have gone to several parks with camelbacks and no problems. If they ask I will say my son has a medical problem (which he does, he is allergic to bee's. wasps so forth) and it has meds that have to stay cold.

I just tell them i need to stay hydrated like any human being and i'm too much of a Jew to spend $4 on a bottle of water.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 8:57:18 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Nothing tactical about Mountain biking.  Just keep pedaling and don't fall.

So you don't wear MARPAT spandex while riding your digi-cam painted bike with the IR front and rear taillights? Man, what the hell are you doing on this forum?
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Last January I was taken on the Epcot death march by my wife and kids. To my surprize it was a really good time. I carried a Camelback Talon every day for six days around disney, even had my kids wear their personal Camelbacks. Saved us a fortune in water.

Overall they were great, the kids didn't need to take theirs off for most of the rides (but I did have to take off the Talon) I could carry the family's wet weather gear, some snacks, camera's,  etc. and the disney folks had no problem with it.

Sua Sponte,
rgrprib
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Also, get a larger Camelback than you think you need.  Your family will find ways of filling it up with disney stuff and it's better in a pack than carrying by hand.

Sua Sponte,
rgrprib
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#39]
I just went to DW last week with my HAWG. I simply refuse to go anywhere like that with my girls without it. Load  the bladder up with ice, top off with water, wrap it in a hand towel, and off you go. Ice-cold water all day!

Disney security is a joke.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#40]
The HAWG is a great small pack, everytime I use mine I seem to like it a bit more.  I highly recommend it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top