Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2005 3:48:48 PM EDT
I've been looking for a chest rig for my wife. I have a Hellcat Mk1 that she likes, but the waist  doesn't adjust small enough for her. The shoulder straps will go short enough but she needs another 3 to 4 inches or so on the waist strap. Can anyone tell me which chest rig has the smallest adjustment on the waist strap? Or any ideas on modifying the Hellcat waist strap to go smaller? She has a 24" waist if that helps (and no I'm not postin any pics )

TIA
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Spec-Ops Brand MOUT Chest Rig.  It's only slightly wider than 4 mags.  Not built to carry a heavy load, but that's about as compact as you can get.  
specopsbrand.com/assets/product_html/prod_mout.html

Eagle and BlackHawk make chest rigs that are slighly wider, with small pouches on either side of 4 mags, and Specter Gear makes a rig that hold 3 mags with PALS or ALICE webbing on either side, but is just as wide.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, thanks for the link. I'll have her check out the MOUT.

Anyone else got some input?
Link Posted: 5/14/2005 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Try the DACH from High Speed Gear.
Link Posted: 5/14/2005 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Eagle Universal Chest Rig, cost a lot less too.

Steve.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a MOUT chest rig.  It is very small, but the straps do not allow for adjustment to small people.  I have to tighten it all the way to wear with a t-shirt, and I'm an average size guy.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have a MOUT chest rig.  It is very small, but the straps do not allow for adjustment to small people.  I have to tighten it all the way to wear with a t-shirt, and I'm an average size guy.

Really?  The one I played with at a shop seemed like it had a lot of adjustment.  I'm not so thick myself and got it tightened high on my chest with just a shirt on.  I can't remember if the straps were the same as in the pic in my link, but I see how in that version you could run out of space.  You could always replace one strap with a shorter one, that would avoid any re-sewing of the webbing.    Interesting.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I like it tightened up high on my chest too.  The problem comes when you put 8 loaded mags in it.  It likes to sag in the middle, so it would be nice to be able to get it a little tighter.  With heavier clothing it fits me awesome.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#8]
You can get a little more cinchability (new word!) out of a Hellcat by removing the waist strap tri-glide and snuggin' it down.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#9]
dcmunroe

Tactical Tailor and they can make a MAV to your specs.  I have a 2 piece MAV that has 8 PALS channels instead of the usual 9 channels.

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the input fellas. Some great suggestions here. It's difficult to make a decision without having all the different rigs here for her to try on, but  looks like at this point some custom deal or modification is the way she is leaning.  I'll see about calling Tactical Tailor, the MAV is a sweet ride so I'm sure she would be happy with one of those that fit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:46:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm a small guy.  About 5'10" 145lbs.  As emabarassing as it sounds I started looking at airsoft forums because I figured they would be talking about vests built for smaller people.  I saw Tac Force mentioned as being very adjustable down from small sizes up to large.  I looked into the brand and it is not specifically made for airsoft which made me happy.  I bought a vest and it fits me like a glove.  Every other vest I have tried was to big.  I found the best price on a airsoft sight:  http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/tactical.htm (scroll down to get to the tac force stuff)
I bought one that has 6 rifle mag puches but there is also one with 3 pouches and a crossdraw holster.  There are 3 colors.  Here is a pic of the one I bought:  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top