Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2005 5:35:46 PM EDT
My new blackhawk gear came in today! Looks great with an AK! Oh, and I didnt have my scope on right now and i forgot to put it on before the pic.

Link Posted: 1/28/2005 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice

Sean
Link Posted: 1/28/2005 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]
A family in Vietnam thanks you tonight and celebrates you over their dinner, paid for by their paycheck earned by making Blackhawk gear.
Link Posted: 1/28/2005 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#3]
gotta love it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2005 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Time to get a real belt...

Link Posted: 1/29/2005 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, i plan on transitioning out of my issue belt, buttpack and canteen covers, but for now, there is nothing wrong with them and they feel comfortable to me so they will do just fine. Ill spend my money on other things that i need.
Link Posted: 1/30/2005 5:22:58 AM EDT
[#6]
What model vest is that from blackhawk?

Thanks

Nikkels
Link Posted: 1/30/2005 6:54:24 AM EDT
[#7]
its the strike omega vest.
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A family in Vietnam thanks you tonight and celebrates you over their dinner, paid for by their paycheck earned by making Blackhawk gear.

Link Posted: 2/3/2005 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A family in Vietnam thanks you tonight and celebrates you over their dinner, paid for by their paycheck earned by making Blackhawk gear. [/quote.]

Puleeze,  not this shit again......

Link Posted: 2/11/2005 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A family in Vietnam thanks you tonight and celebrates you over their dinner, paid for by their paycheck earned by making Blackhawk gear. hr

Link Posted: 2/14/2005 4:12:35 AM EDT
[#11]
And chinese and mexican families rejoice over you having bought an automobile too. If it was truley made in America it wouldnt have any metric nuts or bolts in it. So who here actually only buys all American made, supplied, assembled and sold products. Cause if you do Im willing to bet you dont own a whole lot.
Link Posted: 2/14/2005 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Last time I checked, people in Vietnam have a right to earn money and eat food just like the rest of the world.

Sorry smithy, didn't mean to hijack your thread.  There should just plain be a ban on people who complain about where gear is made unless someone specifically asks.  A peronsal pet peeve of mine when people bring up this issue- if it is quality gear and works for you who cares where it is made IMHO.

Isn't your first aid/compass pouch upside down?
Link Posted: 2/14/2005 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last time I checked, people in Vietnam have a right to earn money and eat food just like the rest of the world.

Sorry smithy, didn't mean to hijack your thread.  There should just plain be a ban on people who complain about where gear is made unless someone specifically asks.  A peronsal pet peeve of mine when people bring up this issue- if it is quality gear and works for you who cares where it is made IMHO.

Yeah i agree with you on the where its made thing. The same people who bash people for that stuff prolly use stuff made outside the USA everyday. Anyway it works for me and its great gear IMHO. Yes the pouch is upside down, its just our unit sop, plus it seems handier to me to have it upside down and it is a good cinch for my drink tube.
Link Posted: 2/15/2005 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#14]
if it works for you then, who cares what others think.  nice set up thogh. can i shoot your ak??
i try to buy american when i can. but my money goes with the company who has the highest quality products. prefer u.s. made but don't mind buyin other than u.s. , if the product is superior to any u.s. made product.  and i don't want to hear it, i am a union man and , the union wants to buy american all the time.
good idea.. but the product must be the best of the rest. if bhi came out with a product that was far superior to anything u.s. made , i would purchase it. but highly unlikely. imho

meat
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Gotcha on the first aid pouch, I might actually do that with my own drink tube now that you mention it!

Link Posted: 2/26/2005 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I know lots of weekend warriors whose blackhawk gear lasts many a drinking session......
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah i agree with you on the where its made thing. The same people who bash people for that stuff prolly use stuff made outside the USA everyday. Anyway it works for me and its great gear IMHO. Yes the pouch is upside down, its just our unit sop, plus it seems handier to me to have it upside down and it is a good cinch for my drink tube.

Man, and I was SO ready to let this go. .......................

BUT since you two brought it back up.................

the LAST TIME I CHECKED,  American workers should also have the same ability to earn a paycheck. However, sometimes, the cost of doing business in America may be higher than farming the work out to a third world welfare country where child labor is employed. (notice that I did not mention the fact that we lost 56 THOUSAND of of sons and daughters there at the hands of a former and not so recent enemy). If filling corporate coffers is more important that remaining loyal, so be it.

You cheap bastards place $ over quality. That is obvious. What isn't so obvious to most, but is to some, is that you also place $ over Neither one of you wil probably EVER use yours gear. Sure, you may wear it, but I seriously doubt that it will ever come out of the closet and off the hanger. Wearing it to the randge for the GI JOE factor does not count.

OBTW - question me about my gear (which is HSGI, EssTac, Spec Ops, and others)

I'll be more than happy to let you examine HSLD AMERICAN made gear that works DAILY.
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, and I was SO ready to let this go. .......................

BUT since you two brought it back up.................

the LAST TIME I CHECKED,  American workers should also have the same ability to earn a paycheck. However, sometimes, the cost of doing business in America may be higher than farming the work out to a third world welfare country where child labor is employed. (notice that I did not mention the fact that we lost 56 THOUSAND of of sons and daughters there at the hands of a former and not so recent enemy). If filling corporate coffers is more important that remaining loyal, so be it.

You cheap bastards place $ over quality. That is obvious. What isn't so obvious to most, but is to some, is that you also place $ over Neither one of you wil probably EVER use yours gear. Sure, you may wear it, but I seriously doubt that it will ever come out of the closet and off the hanger. Wearing it to the randge for the GI JOE factor does not count.

OBTW - question me about my gear (which is HSGI, EssTac, Spec Ops, and others)

I'll be more than happy to let you examine HSLD AMERICAN made gear that works DAILY.

This gear is great gear IMHO. This gear does everything i want it to, and its already seen some abuse in the feild and so far its held up great. Pretty soon it will likely have to make it through sniper school, and air assault school. A few other guys in my unit have the same setup. I try to buy american as much as i can. But its a free country and if i like this gear for the price compared to some other over priced gear, then i will buy it. If it works for you, buy it. I seriously think some of these people on this forum are here just to flame other people, i dont know why. Maybe they want to be things that they cant, maybe they got picked on in high school. maybe their wife ran away with another woman, its anybodys guess. And i assure you it will get use. Im getting ready to go to afganistan for a year, and im also finishing my criminal justice degree. So this gear will probably see more use than any of your good ole american gear will ever see. And im not questioning you about your gear, im sure you like it and it sounds like it works for you, but honostly i really dont give a rats ass.
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
...................but honostly i really dont give a rats ass.

At least we agree on one thing. Honestly.

Enjoy Ft. Campbell. You should have a blast.
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
...You cheap bastards place $ over quality. That is obvious.

I assume not one drop of the oil that goes into the gasoline you buy comes from terrorist-support Arab sources, right? You must drill and refine your own...
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#21]
[Smithy, apologies in advance for taking your thread in another direction]

thompsondd,

If I ever am down in Georgia, I would be more than willing to check out you quality American made gear.  FWIW, I don't own Blackhawk, all my gear is SDS produced USGI LBV and MOLLE gear (plus a camelback, not a hydrastorm) with the exception of the buttpack I have.  I know what quality I am looking for and that is fine.  No, I don't run around the world killing bad guys, sorry if that somehow makes me "less worthy" to own gear that might come in handy.

I guess my problem comes in when I see folks who like to shit on a thread by immediately saying "but its not made in America!" when that is not the question at hand.  This happened in the Knoxx breacher stock thread, and also every time someone mentions they have some Blackhawk kit.  Instead of getting to talk about what the proudct can do you end up with people talking about where it is made.  If the foreign made product meets the end user needs better, then why shouldn't they use it?  When I see a thread like this I want to know what is good and bad about the item being discussed.    If you think that another piece of gear functions better becuase the stitching is better then please let us know, IMHO that is a valid point to make.  I don't care about the politics, I care about the function.

If you want to start a new thread about where gear is made and why it is best to suport certain companies, go ahead, I would actually be interested to see that.  My guess, however, is A LOT of these people who scream "Buy Only American Made Gear" have a computer, TV, DVD player, and even a car made in a foreign country like China or Vietnam or whatever 3rd world "slave labor" country you want to pick.  If you really follow the "Buy American" creedo then EVERYTHING you buy should be made in America if it is availble there, not only what is convenient.

Dawg
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 5:35:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Ive got the same vest.....and its the cats ass to wear over the top off out older Flak Jackets, which are required for wear now.  GI ammo vest gets tangled too easy, but the strike fits around it really nice.  I did cut out and ditch the zipper however......I like to get at the inside pockets for dope book, protractor, and SOI.  The two buckles are good enough for keeping it on.
 I have TT made M16 pouches on one side, and a saw/ACCY pouch on the other. Add USGI compass pouch/first aid pouch, and a M24 ammo pouch, and Im good to go. You may also want to consider cutting out the plastic tubing in the shoulder pads.....with a large ruck on they cut into your skin like a real bitch.  I cut a small incision on the backside and pulled them out.
 Bottom line is they are pretty good....will I be bringing it to Iraq...nope. Dont need it as Interceptor BA has webbing on it already. Probable get a few coyote tan pouches to attach, and a drop leg holster for my M9 and be done with it.   Unless I can con the Armorer into letting me have an M4 in addition to my M24.
 Its good stuff, and if it works....better yet.   11B10B4  Bronk out
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#23]
blackhawk gear sucks period.....I have their SOF ruck, and a hydrastorm....I can't say I have complaints about the hydrastorm but it hasn't been used much....the SOF ruck has had 2 broken zippers where it was ripping at the seam. Keep in mind I use it once a month at national guard and it is 2 years old.

I think it's real funny how in the opening pages of their catalog they talk about how he (the owner) was a navy seal walking through a minefield and his gear spilled all over the ground and he decided he was going to make the gear right so noone had the same problems he did. LAFF

Anyways, 2 months ago I was looking for a vest and of course I checked out the blackhawk vests and was browsing thru lightfighter.com and stumbled across Paraclete- I now have a RAV with the 3A panels and it spanks the sh1t out of anything I've ever seen blackhawk make......I'll never buy a BHI product again- ever......American/European gear only for me.....

By the way, I don't think they'll let you use that Blackhawk vest at Air Assault school as they're pretty strict on what you can bring (unless they've gotten lax since last year), and also what the heck would you want to use that crappy vest for in Afghanaistan? The OTV is 1000x better then anything Blackhawk makes and you should be getting it issued if you're deploying....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top