Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 5:15:24 PM EDT
Do all military personnel have the option of purchasing and using their own gear (with the exception of weapons) when deployed, or is gear selection limited to certain units and to certain types of gear?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the boards.  Always good to see new members.

What soldiers are allowed to bring varies widely from unit to unit.  Some unit commanders allow soldiers to use personal gear, other units not only require everybody to use the same gear but dictate every last detail of what goes in which pouch and where that pouch belongs on the web gear.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:17:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Hopophile is right,

From my general experience rules and regulations differ widely by unit but almost all units relax those rules in a combat theater (look at my list of gear on the "1st line gear" thread).  I wouldn't be able to wear that gear back in the rear.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I second that, It all depends on your commander. I have my "play the game stuff" which is issue with a few add ons, which usually no one says anything about, and then I have my Go to gear.
Once you get "in Country" its amazing how lax the brass gets. Usually if it help[s you do you job more efficiently they dont care. At leats thats the way it should be........
cp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top