Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 9:13:52 AM EDT
So what is the deal with Diamondback Tactical?  It looks like a bunch of their products are copis of stuff like the SO Tech hellcat, a lot of Blackhawk Gear, etc.  The fact taht it appears to be an unabashed copy aside, is their gear decent quality?  is there any reason no one mentions their name and I have only seen one piece of their gera for sale on the EE in the last year?

Sorry if this is a stupid/taboo question, just trying to learn!

Dawg
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#1]
The lack of DBT/BattleLab gear in circulation is probably due to the fact that they just recently started making gear under their own label.  It is just now getting out there to consumers.

Until recently, they were just a distributor of other peoples' gear.  I guess at some point they decided the profit margin was larger to make copies of the gear they were distributing and place their own label on it.  Most of the reviews I've seen are quite favorable, good quality materials and good quality control, plus it is made in the USA.  I probably would not buy any of their gear that is a direct knock-off of one of the Paraclete, Eagle/Blackhawk, Kifaru, etc. designs.  They have modified a few pieces to make them different and useful.

So how does it go?  Eagle designs and produces a piece of gear here in the USA.  The Eagle piece is not widely distributed to the public so Blackhawk copies it and produces it over in Vietnam.  Then DBT becomes a Blackhawk dealer, and realizes that they can copy the Blackhawk design and produce it here in the USA and charge more for it.  Eventually, DBT quits becoming a distributor for all of the other gear manufacturers because they have copied all the designs they need.  Except for Paraclete, they dropped DBT as a distributor for some fraud that DBT was committing, or so the rumor goes.

I'll get off of my soapbox now.
-Randy
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased some stuff from them out of their offices here in Phoenix and they were good to deal with.  Their name brand gear is rather new so that's why it's not in circulation.  That and they are their own distributor.  Their bread and butter is large accounts and they don't cater to the small folks like us.  As for the knock off argument, I think that the entire gear making industry is plagued with this type of thing.  I think this argument makes good conversation, but really does not matter.  If it works for you, then that's what counts.  Their prices very fair and their gear is made in the U.S. so knock off or not, it's made here.  The girls on the phone are not the most knowledable, but they have been helpful and I can't say that differs from any other gear makers phone people.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
There is alot of negative feed back about them lately.

Maybe from a shortage of supplies, but tehy have been caught giving customers run arounds and not credting cancelled orders in a timely manner.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I would be willing to bet that it is good gear.

They simply cannot, or do not, produce things when orders are placed.

Also, they seem to have incredible invoicing problems.  I know of one guy who is waiting for his card to be credited for $425, four months after he made the return.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top