Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2004 10:29:27 PM EDT
Are any gear makers going to use this as an optional color/pattern, or is it just a bunch of hype?   I'd prepay for a Multicam Callahan or a RAID pack.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:25:17 AM EDT
[#1]
According to an article in SWAT mag last month, EAGLE Industries is going to produce gear in the Crye pattern.  

I'll be interested to see how it comes out, but I imagine it will be awhile as Eagle is up to it's ears in business right now filling orders for Uncle Sam.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:05:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought I saw some pictures from the show of Eagle gear in the crye camo...it looks good.  It reminds me of a faded pair of cotton woodlands I've had for a few years.  I've often thought that here in Alabama woodland was too dark.  Right now MARPAT seems to blend in the best.

Check out this link.
www.militarymorons.com/
I can't get it to link to the actual pages but if you'll look at the headings down the right side of the page you'll see the Crye topics.  Also click the home page and it will give you a few more options.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I can't wait for this stuff to come out in BDU's and gear.  I can't bring myself to wear MARPAT, but Multicam BDU's will be great, especially for keeping a low profile and not looking "too Military" at the same time, until they start using it.  You get some interesting looks when you're hiking in woodie cams.....
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:02:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Kisara,
I believe that LF has stated they will release a MultiCam Raid.  There is a thread on it over on the LF forum in either the 2nd line or 3rd line gear section.

Also, I believe that Eggroll from geardo.com is currently making custom pouches and such in MultiCam.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#5]
yes, the EGL stuff is already being done in multicam.  that particular spot of it is more brown looking than most of the crye pictures show.  

a lot of manufacturers will probably pick it up when they see the demand for it.  Essential Tactical will be making gear out of it.  i've got a panel carrier, and a full bush boar rig ordered in multicam.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:06:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#7]
i'm so giddy, i just peed my pants thinking about it.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Caleb Crye was in a class I took last summer, and we got to see the Multicam gear up close.  They have an armored load-bearing belt that is fucking nice, would make the perfect Line 1 belt.  I'm waiting on the BDUs.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i'm so giddy, i just peed my pants thinking about it.  

thanks for sharing.....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#10]
well, boys and girls, it's started...

notice how the color of the camo seems to change on different backgrounds.  that's the exact same piece, just in two different locations.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks pretty good, 'rat.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#12]
That is badass................
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:28:56 AM EDT
[#13]
here's my preview of the crye multicam field shirt and pants (BDUs):
www.militarymorons.com/gear/crye.html#cryebdu
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Very nice MM,

I spoke to Gregg last week and I'm waiting for my samples to come in.  I'm going to have to bug him for some BDUs now too!

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#15]
MM,
Very nice review! Thanks!

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top