Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2004 2:24:27 PM EDT
Hey all. I was just wondering where I can find a in depth review of the RAID pack and all the configurations. Im thinking about picking one up before too long here.

Thanks,

John
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Try the lightfighter.com board.  There's a RAID thread on there that's like a billion pages with pics.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah check out the forums at Lightfighter and check out: assaultpack.com  It's the site dedicated to the RAID.  

Great pack, I've got two of them and use them alot.  Their really versatile and definately worth the coin.

JMO
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I troll around (using the read, but not post definition of troll) on that board alot. That "Ultimate RAID Thread" is what has me intrested in checking it out, Im wanting to try something thats different than my medium and large ALICE packs out.

Thanks for the assaultpack.com link!

John

EDIT: Wondering if it has the PALS attachment points on the bottom of the pack? I'd like to attach my Maxpedition Proteus to the bottom of it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
EDIT: Wondering if it has the PALS attachment points on the bottom of the pack? I'd like to attach my Maxpedition Proteus to the bottom of it.

It does have PALS webbing on the bottom.  I've got a SDS MOLLE2 Waist Pack attached to the bottom of my RAID.  The bottom is seven PALS channels wide, just like the face of the pack.

-Randy
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#5]
You can't go wrong with a RAID. I've had mine configured in quite a few different ways, depending on the situation and load carrying needs. Definately a versatile design that was very well thought out. Another option is of course Kifaru packs. They too are well built and well thought out.

On the Lightfighter forum, a while back, there was a thread comparing the RAID with a Kifaru Marauder. It was cool to see the two side by side. Either one, be prepared for a wait. Of course, the wait is worth it, IMHO.

Agnew out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#6]
marauder is all powerful!  i didnt have to wait either.  called up kifaru about 2 months ago and they had it in stock:)

the only reason i didnt get the raid was that it has no frame and no pals on the inside.  the internal aluminum frame is a dream.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Either one, be prepared for a wait. Of course, the wait is worth it, IMHO.

My RAID was in stock when I placed my order... I did wait over a month for my Kifaru.  The wait is worth it with either!

-Randy
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice looking pack ya got there TopCrest. How's about a run down on what you got hooked up to it?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Crap! I was getting all geared up to talk about Redundant Arrays of Inexpensive Disks (RAID).

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:36:15 AM EDT
[#10]
You won't find a batter pack than the RAID.

BTW, I waited two weeks.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Nice looking pack ya got there TopCrest. How's about a run down on what you got hooked up to it?

On both sides of the pack are hydration carriers.  on the outsides of those are hsgi universal mag carriers.  on top on the left is a paraclete 9mm quad pistol mag carrier, on the right a TT pouch that has a flarge gun and flares stuffed in it.  on the back is a gregory spear buttpack, pop flare pouches with parachute flares.  above the buttpack is a bhi gp pouch that has pvs5 nvgs.  to the right of that is a TT frag with gloves and a hood.

inside theres 6 sds 100 round/utility pouches, two 200 saw pouches, a bhi upright gp and a TT gp pouch.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:57:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey, bro!

What are you using, a Wasatch?

Quoted:
damn, thats a ton of mags.
i thought i was packing with 16 on my person and a few in the bag for spares.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Top Crest, you sold me on the maurader. The more I compare the two, the more I like the Maurader.

Damn...now to get rid of all this stuff I have now, and buy one of 'em.

John
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top