Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 6:15:38 PM EDT
Is the hydrastorm (blackhawk)stuff any good or stick with camelback I've never seen anyone using hydrastorm stuff and can't find much when searching. I need something new and was wondering if I was missing anything.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#1]
IMHO Camelbak is better just have had better luck with them.On any given sunday shit breaks and goes wrong with it. Camelbak looks to be better if you compare side by side.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the Camelback
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used a Camelback for mountain biking for several years. The quality is absolute top-notch.
Never used a Hydrostorm.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Get the Camelback

+1
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the Camelbak. I've had mine for years and it holds up great. However, it did finally spring a leak right where the tube enters the bladder... right in the middle of a 11 day backpack in New Mexico.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Camelback is one helluva innovative company.  Much of their design changes over the last several years have been the direct result of inpurt from Soldiers and Marines in Afghanistan an Iraq.  They build a quality product that will hold up.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:21:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:02:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I prefer the Camelbacks, I had some Hydro-storm stuff I used for quite a while, But It always had a funny taste to it. I replaced the Bladder in my hydro-storm with a 100oz Camelback, They dont have the same taste, No taste from the Camelback at all.
Also Most Camelbacks have MOLLE attachments now, Thats nice to be able to upload the pack if needed. To my knowledge Hydrostorms dont have this on their stuff, Yet?
chuck
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:45:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I prefer the Camelbacks, I had some Hydro-storm stuff I used for quite a while, But It always had a funny taste to it. I replaced the Bladder in my hydro-storm with a 100oz Camelback, They dont have the same taste, No taste from the Camelback at all.
Also Most Camelbacks have MOLLE attachments now, Thats nice to be able to upload the pack if needed. To my knowledge Hydrostorms dont have this on their stuff, Yet?
chuck

I have no doubt that if Hydrostorm ever does include MOLLE compatible webbing, it will use cheaper stictching, cheaper thread, and cheaper material - and I'm not just referring to cost here.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys that what I figured I found a thread on lightfighter's forum whick said pretty much the same thing Camelbak it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top